Muse (1 Viewer)

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
there were some tickets last time i checked but that was like two weeks ago and they were at the very back of the stadium.

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
Support bands are Grinspoon and Operator Please.
Exxxxtreeeeemely disappointed ;/.

HSC
Faytle said:
Support bands are Grinspoon and Operator Please.
Exxxxtreeeeemely disappointed ;/.
I heard that was just a joke from the BDO forums, I'll wait for an official announcement... @_@

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
veloc1ty said:
I heard that was just a joke from the BDO forums, I'll wait for an official announcement... @_@
Just looked this up on the BDO forums; biggest relief ever. Thanks for the heads up!

merrymadi

HSC
Can't wait for this gig! Three more weeks to go. It's gonna be an awesome end to the exams (mine finish 2nd Nov).

It'll be the third time I've seen Muse this year ;)

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
merrymadi said:
Can't wait for this gig! Three more weeks to go. It's gonna be an awesome end to the exams (mine finish 2nd Nov).

It'll be the third time I've seen Muse this year ;)
Same :D My friends think I'm insane.

Aznpsycho

Supplies!
HSC
N/A
I'm going! Booya!

Not moshing though, friend bought silvers. They're good though, right in the middle. Would I be missing out?

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
front row whole time. fucking insane, still shaking. knights of cydonia fucking orgasmic

HSC
Incredible setlist, they even played Fury! :D No-one else around me knew the lyrics, haha, I regret missing out on GA. :p

The Checks weren't exceptionally bad, at least the lead singer was mildly interesting to watch to make up for the fact I couldn't understand a single word he said. XD

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
veloc1ty said:
The Checks weren't exceptionally bad, at least the lead singer was mildly interesting to watch to make up for the fact I couldn't understand a single word he said. XD
Hahah, yeh me either.

Amazing night. Hysteria, Time is Running Out, Stockholm Syndrome, and Plug in Baby were the definite highlights for me :).
But overall, it was just bliss :eek:.

Last edited:

cccclaire

HSC
we were about 10 people from the front in mosh, at one stage we were about 3 people from the front but we got pushed back =/

Awesome show though. The best was time is running out, just for how the mosh went crazy. Also loved supermassive black hole, feeling good and hysteria.

I thought the support were ok. Except for that strange song about monkeys? The lead singer was interesting to watch though =]

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
They play.... FURY?! AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Curse youse!

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
I'm impressed that you managed to state how fantastic Apple is and how Windows is the bane of your existence, even in a concert review.

Not really, but still, you know what I'm saying.

Oh, and I also enjoyed this:
The Guitar work of Matt Bellamy deserves mention here. I have experienced expert guitar work in the past, but nothing compared to last night.

But not as much as I enjoyed this:
Nonetheless, Bellamy has set the bar quite high in terms of guitar-i-ness for me. Have you ever seen a guitarist control something as meaningless as feedback before as he did last night? Only he can make such out-of-worldly sounds and riffs sound beautiful.

I'm just wondering, did you actually just jump into music in 1995, because you kinda missed some good music from a few decades.

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Rofl, Alan, seriously mate, don't try to be all musical elitist, your knowledge (or severe lack thereof) shows through.

Few bands have married electronic sounds with slamming guitar riffs as well as Muse have. I must say that while most of me was waiting to hear Stockholm Syndrome and Hysteria, there was a longing to hear some of the stuff from Origin of Symmetry also. And did they deliver. I have probably never screamed as loud as I did when Plug In Baby was belted out by the guys.
Rofl...you must've missed an entire decade...you know the 80s :|

There is probably a hint of classic-bias on my part here that you may have noticed. As a long-time Coldplay fan, my first foray into Muse was with Starlight - their most listened to track on last.fm; most likely due to its easy-listening piano riff and coldplay-esque melody.
Haha oh dear, playing piano = classical? Rofl. Did you hear that? Thats the sound of a million classical composers baying for your blood as you've just compared them to Coldplay.

The Guitar work of Matt Bellamy deserves mention here. I have experienced expert guitar work in the past, but nothing compared to last night. I have seen Johnny Buckland belt out a mesmerising denouement to Coldplay's gig at the same venue a year earlier in Fix You, but even that does not compare. Perhaps it's the blood in Matt's genes - being the famous son of a classic rockstar certainly helps. Nonetheless, Bellamy has set the bar quite high in terms of guitar-i-ness for me. Have you ever seen a guitarist control something as meaningless as feedback before as he did last night? Only he can make such out-of-worldly sounds and riffs sound beautiful.
You mean he used distortion in some other way :O *gasp shock horror* nowai. Seriously though, there are far more skilled, more intuitive, and altogether better/crazier people who've manipulated sounds/guitar/ambience.

Stick to your Windows bashing, seriously you make musicians cry :(

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
politik said:
Oh and in terms of controlling feedback better, did you mean Lou Reed?

HAHAHAHAHA.
Well there's one example, because Lou Reed could kick Bellamy's ass in a fight.

And of course Tom Morello

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
politik said:
The 80s?

'OMG SLASH WAZ THE BES GUITARIST EVAR'

Last time I checked fagsticks, I wasn't alive to ever witness better guitarists like Satriani, so comparing Bellamy to anyone I havn't seen live is erroneous.
I have experienced expert guitar work in the past, but nothing compared to last night. I have seen Johnny Buckland belt out a mesmerising denouement to Coldplay's gig at the same venue a year earlier in Fix You, but even that does not compare. Perhaps it's the blood in Matt's genes - being the famous son of a classic rockstar certainly helps. Nonetheless, Bellamy has set the bar quite high in terms of guitar-i-ness for me. Have you ever seen a guitarist control something as meaningless as feedback before as he did last night? Only he can make such out-of-worldly sounds and riffs sound beautiful.
You seem to have missed the point here, you did not only elevate him to some sort of guitar virtuoso but also compared him to everyone else.

Also, 'classic' meant Muse's older albums. Fail.
Rofl, ahh see there's where I got confused, the words 'classic' and Muse shouldn't really be used together, they're nowhere near that level to even assume that mantle. Maybe use 'older' albums instead next time? 2003 wasn't that long ago champ.

His manipulation of the Piano is commendable also. I had never heard of the piano he uses, but last night made sure i'd never forget. Perhaps it was because of the full stage show, but he doesn't pull that beauty of an instrument out often does he?
Are you saying you never knew he played piano?....He plays it at pretty much every major gig they've done for the past few years :| I mean its pretty present in their earlier albums ?

Last edited:

Aznpsycho

Supplies!
HSC
N/A
Guys guys don't shit up the thread with arguments over which guitarist is better.

Lets focus on how awesome otherwise average songs are live. Invincible is not that impressive album-wise, but holy fuck did the giant projector screens completely make that song inspirational as hell.

Also, anyone know where to get some pictures of the show? I left my camera at home *facepalm*, and I want to somehow relive the giant dancing robot in Supermassive Black Hole.

Also, the seated crowd around where I was (final row, slightly off centre) was pretty good. The dude on my left was a cold fish though. I was that obnoxious douche bashing the underside of the walkway/scaffold with my hands, which suited the build-up of Plug In Baby perfectly.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
no one's gonna take me aliveeeeeeeeeeeee
the time has come to make things right

still ringing :D

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Aznpsycho said:
Guys guys don't shit up the thread with arguments over which guitarist is better.

Lets focus on how awesome otherwise average songs are live. Invincible is not that impressive album-wise, but holy fuck did the giant projector screens completely make that song inspirational as hell.

Also, anyone know where to get some pictures of the show? I left my camera at home *facepalm*, and I want to somehow relive the giant dancing robot in Supermassive Black Hole.

Also, the seated crowd around where I was (final row, slightly off centre) was pretty good. The dude on my left was a cold fish though. I was that obnoxious douche bashing the underside of the walkway/scaffold with my hands, which suited the build-up of Plug In Baby perfectly.
Oh we just don't like Alan and think he's a cockmonkey thats all :)

I quite like Muse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)