music 1 / 2 ??? (1 Viewer)

yellow_sub

HSC
i've just started year 11 (we start it at the end of the year) and im doing music 2. i've just done 6th grade piano (b) and 4th grade flute (a) and 4th grade musicianship (a). but the other boy in the class is this crazy cornet player top of the state of something and i'm not sure if dropping down to music 1 and getting 95 % would be better than staying in music 2 and struggling through... any thoughts?

robert.jonathan

yellow_sub said:
i've just started year 11 (we start it at the end of the year) and im doing music 2. i've just done 6th grade piano (b) and 4th grade flute (a) and 4th grade musicianship (a). but the other boy in the class is this crazy cornet player top of the state of something and i'm not sure if dropping down to music 1 and getting 95 % would be better than staying in music 2 and struggling through... any thoughts?
Hi yellow_sub. I've just finished my HSC. My suggestion is to do music 2. Have a go... check with your teacher if you can change to music 1 if you are struggling with music 2 by the end of the preliminary year. Music 2 is tough. I had to compete with 8 pianist in my school who are doing or have done their AMUS. If you are planning to go ahead with tertiary music education, definantly go with Music 2. And if you are planning to do Music Extension in the HSC year, i would suggest you to pick an elective (both for Music 2 and Music Extension) other than performance. It's very tough competing with top pianists. If you can guarantee your self that you will get 95% + for music 1, do music 1. But for now, my suggestion is to go with Music 2. (How many people are doing music 2 at your school? - ranking is very important when it comes to the HSC and UAI)

Last edited:

pristine

HSC
stick with music 1 and top the state :)
i had the same prob,
i finished grade 8 piano 2 years ago.
and i still did music 1 and did well in it, and thus got a super UAI! good luck!

x

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)