• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Music 1 and 2 (1 Viewer)

Chicobo

HSC
I am doing Music 2 next year.. but after looking at all this info.. I reckon I'll change to Music 1. There's no way I'm going to do well if I compete with AmuS and LMuS people :eek:
Being good at Music 1 is better than being bad/average at Music 2 right? Even though the scaling is A LOT different?

Njn

nvrB♯nvrB♭.alwaysB♮
HSC
I am doing Music 2 next year.. but after looking at all this info.. I reckon I'll change to Music 1. There's no way I'm going to do well if I compete with AmuS and LMuS people :eek:
Being good at Music 1 is better than being bad/average at Music 2 right? Even though the scaling is A LOT different?
If you can read sheet music quite fluently, apparently music 2 should be much better to you. I was enlightened by my teacher as to how music 2 receives a score to look at for aural, while music 1 relies purely on listening. Also, although there ARE marks dedicated for technical skill in the marking guidelines, you aren't severely disadvantaged against AMus/LMus people in terms of performance. It's more to do with how you play your pieces rather than how hard it is. That being said, if you really weren't cut out for music 2, I'm sure your school teacher would have suggested you to drop themselves.

You've also got a year to work on your composition (just handed mine in a few days ago, so you've got pretty much exactly a year), and aural just takes practice.

I don't think you'll be severely disadvantaged for staying in music 2 unless you really are subpar.

Eddykungfu

HSC
I wasn't allowed to do Music 2 at start of year 11, Because you needed to have done the year 9-10 music course.

That being said, I'd already done 6th grade of Musicianship/theory, and 8th grade clarinet in music

-.-

isn't that the same sorta stuff?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)