Music 1 Aural (1 Viewer)

timmy111

HSC
I think the jazz one is called

'The Messenger' by Blaine Whittaker from the CD 'Hard Bop Cafe'

Cerry

HSC
sonnysburning said:
and the sound of the warning beep sounds like the opening to the nick cave and the bad seeds 'the weeping song'..
Not being a Nick Cave fan, I didn't notice that...but I did think that they've changed the pitch from previous years. I'm sure that the papers I've been doing had a higher ding. Of course, some of them were probably independant trials, which could explain it.
Yeah, I need to get out more.

laa.musique

Executive Member
HSC
qu 1 was somebody to love by brittany murphy :) from the happy feet soundtrack
that one was great! and then yeah the romeo and juliet one and what was the piano accordion and clarinet one called? it was kind of cool!
wooo no more music ever! damn i wish all exams let u listen to music full blast all through it. far out i was right in front of the really loud sound system. i jumped everytime the voice spoke

E-Dog

Long Member
HSC
I hated question 4. But the others were mad. The accordion piece was called "Bulgar Frailach".

franlene29

HSC
i found the whole paper surprisingly good, on a whole better than papers from previous years. i thought i did well in q1 and 2, ok in q3 but i think i pretty much screwed q4, so much to write! i hope everything i wrote was what the markers were looking for, oh well can't do anything about it now! yay 1 more to go!:)

lizac

HSC
i thought question 4 was fine,
it was three that i struggled to have stuff to write on.

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
Cerry said:
Not being a Nick Cave fan, I didn't notice that...but I did think that they've changed the pitch from previous years. I'm sure that the papers I've been doing had a higher ding. Of course, some of them were probably independant trials, which could explain it.
Yeah, I need to get out more.

Cerry, you're such a freak! As if you'd notice that.

o7nesss

Behind that Tree
HSC
i thort it was all alright...

they were all pretty good songs i recon...i would just listen to them and not write anything down...then get distracted and realise im in an exam...then have a mental spew

argh that always happens...

Cerry

HSC
EbonyTW said:
Cerry, you're such a freak! As if you'd notice that.
You've known me for what, 4 years, and you're only just noticing that?

samjohnno91

HSC
when you guys did first question, did you talk about contrast as the main thing that made interest? i said contrast of the higher vocals register to the low register of the penguin saying 'love' and stuff like that.

jokerj

HSC
actually funny thing
our examiner had no idea how to start the cd
she started pressing the stop button haha
so after a few mins she had to get me to go up
i was reluctant to tell her how to do it hahah

GET FREE

HSC
The music exams are always good. This was the least of my worries in relation to the HSC.

I really liked question 4. I found it the dead easiest to answer, although like everyone else has mentioned, I doubt I crammed in everything I could have.

Question 3...the one where you had to comment on themes sort of threw me. We never covered musical themes in class, so I just threw around the word 'dance' and hoped it was okay. But apart from that small hiccup, it was all good.

Hobbit90

HSC
GET FREE said:
The music exams are always good. This was the least of my worries in relation to the HSC.

I really liked question 4. I found it the dead easiest to answer, although like everyone else has mentioned, I doubt I crammed in everything I could have.

Question 3...the one where you had to comment on themes sort of threw me. We never covered musical themes in class, so I just threw around the word 'dance' and hoped it was okay. But apart from that small hiccup, it was all good.
By themes did it mean musical motifs? Really wasn't sure about it

sonnysburning

HSC
wixxy2348 said:
So true! Sorta found it offputting, I was laughing about it with the supervisor from my room at the end of the exam.
nice to see im not the only one :D

Cerry said:
i agree :D i would have noticed it if it was the same becasue i did a vive voce on nick cave and analysed the hell out of the weeping song.. the pitch was different haha :D

dolbinau

HSC
samjohnno91 said:
when you guys did first question, did you talk about contrast as the main thing that made interest? i said contrast of the higher vocals register to the low register of the penguin saying 'love' and stuff like that.
I talked about contrast + unity in maintaining interest.

chelc

HSC
i thought the paper was really good, :)
i think i wrote a bit to much though, for every question i had the enntire second page with two lines of writing per dotted line, and then some more below the lines.

GET FREE

HSC
Hobbit90 said:
By themes did it mean musical motifs? Really wasn't sure about it
:confused: No idea. I associate themes with film and literature and such, and I just kept picturing paddocks and trees and that scene from the Sound of Music when the captain and Maria are dancing in the courtyard. Didn't help me one bit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)