Music 1 - General thoughts (1 Viewer)

OptimusPrime

HSC
ther reason people arn't in this forum is because music 1 is full of stoners who probally forgot that today was the exam....good luck...i got my concepts down

ryuuj

HSC
Re: Music one 1 F**K yeah!!!

that exam was scary
shit scary

;_;

... lol to the song with the bagpipes. The spoken 'chorus' thinger made everyone in my class laugh ^^;

carlz77

HSC

That exam was good, not too much to catch you out. The only tricky things were picking the modes and motif's in the orchestral question 2. I think the rest was awesome.

~untitled~

HSC

BAND ONE HERE I COME. Fuck that was hard. I never want to see another aural skills paper in my life, except i will probably have to repeat now that i failed that so bad.

"YASHIGMOLA"

And the second version of the "variation" was pissing me off so badly, i spent more time thinking about how much i hated the song as opposed to listening to stuff in it.

WHY THE HELL WOULD THEY EVER PUT ANOTHER EXAM ON THE SAME DAY AS ENGLISH...

Mattamz

HSC

when the cheesy drum came in, in the piece with the trumpet our whole class pissed themeslves.

nicklangley

HSC

im laughing that anyone is actually taking this exam seriously...the girl is a tool who reckons you need to know modes in music 1. music 1 is "name the instrument"

laurenxoxo

HSC

Who the fuck wrote the tone colour/variety question. The most stupidly worded question i have ever seen. Decision making process = Oh yeah well theres lots of different sounding instruments in this one, lets chuck a tone colour question on it. Hmm there wouldn't be enough to write.. ooh why dont we make them write about variety, you know, cause they all sound different and stuff.

Probably stoners themselves.

OptimusPrime

HSC

haha everybody laughed at the last song..especially the cheesey 80's rock opart

.: vix :.

HSC

i thought that was pretty hard i hate all the orchestrial bullshit..well doing questions on it anyway.. loved the archietecture in hellsinki excerpt..im glad that vairty question was only worth like 4 makrs or what ever..

good luck with other exams people!

WOOO!! i got a job at sanity :]

bussoti

HSC

Hahaha, when the last song came on and I heard the bagpipes I thought 'Yes! I own the Titanic soundtrack! I can DO THIS!' until the YASHIMOLA bit decided to come on and I wet myself laughing.

mashimaro12

HSC

bah I didn't like the exam much at all. Especially question 2 (there was like nothing to say on PITCH in it) and question 4 was just so weird and all stupidly phrased questions.... I don't think I did very well...but I never do very well...:confused: but that's not the point!

I also think the markers will want to strangle me after they even try to decipher my writing because it was really bad....that's what happens when you put a Music HSC right after an ENGLISH EXAM. My hand nearly dropped off after question 2...

ah well..ITS OVER NOW :)

richo90

HSC

i didnt like the exam

worst list of songs ever.

i managed to fill in the lines though

Muso7

HSC

WOOO i loved the oogachaka one haha yashimowda or something, we all started laughing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkIYOZldEUg

thats the architecture in helsinki song. love it!

OK i did not like the pitch question but apart from that it was great :)

taylor18

HSC
N/A

nah, i though it was good. no duration, no specific structure - could have been ALOT WORSE. Although that pitch one was hideous.

that last one was hilarious - and very easy to bulls**t about :)

NO MORE AURAL EXAMS EVER

unless you become a music teacher,
but none of us would be that stupid anyway :sleep:

taylor18

HSC
N/A

nah, i though it was good. no duration, no specific structure - could have been ALOT WORSE. Although that pitch one was hideous.

that last one was hilarious - and very easy to bulls**t about :)

NO MORE AURAL EXAMS EVER

unless you become a music teacher,
but none of us would be that stupid anyway :sleep:

jason21

HSC

how can you all say that it was hard??? it was pretty easy, basic straight forward quesitions and reasonably good songs (except fot Q4 which i found a bit tricky). Was much better than my trials.

I'm only cut cus i found the English exam pretty tricky and i studied so much for it :(

kathyb

HSC

that was bloody hard!! esp the pitch question. It was too fast and once i'd written something down the excerpt was over!

anyone know who the last song was by? it was soo funny .. our whole class pissed themselves when that crazy jibberish yashimowda bit came in!

cantfakeme

HSC
ok so here goes my views.

i thought b4 i got in "i hope i dont get a vocal one!!" cuz im a bit shotty with vocal techniques.. but they were ok

first one i didnt have too much to say i just notated heaps of stuff and wrote all i could..

second one was the orchestral one? didnt like it much but managed to get a fair bit down and once again NOTATED otherwise my teacher wouldve shot me..

3rd one CRACKED me UP..and everyone else. managed to get heaps down so that was good..

last one was greaat...

overall i good exam id say.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)