Music 2 thoughts (1 Viewer)

piggy399

HSC
ahh makes me feel a bit better when every1 found the melody dictation a bit hard...friggin hell i seriously looked at it in reading time and though YAY but geez....took me like 4 listenings to work out the first 2 bars....then i just panicked and only did a 5 and made up the rest.
the essay was ok coz i did 3 mandatory pieces but my teacher at distance ed said every1 to do too and 3 is too many and a waste of brain space so shes gonna get some complaints...
anyways overall i thought it was a pretty hard paper and i just hope the scaling will make up for it.

DjCarrad

HSC
Far out, Paul and Goodomi, if you really care so much, take it somewhere else. Meet for dinner or something. It's not necessary, I'm sure you're each as good as one another, and as talented as anyone who is able to do music 2, but there's no need to have an argument about whether jazz or classical is better and what it says about a person. It really says nothing at all. Leave it out.

As for the exam, yeah, melody and essay sucked, but I really liked the selection of music, don't you think? I think all the pieces were really nice, not too weird like some of the things they've had in the past. It was good to analyse them and I found there was always enough to say about them because I found it easy to recognise things in the scores.

goodomi

HSC
Man my last post got deleted, so i'll rewrite it but shorter cause i cbf.

Weener=penis

stafodil

HSC
paulpang22288 said:
PS: see the melodic dictation piece again!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44ScC3azEnU
thanks for puttin gthe url.its so gorgeous. i really enjoyed just listneign to all the pieces they were so good. im cut i ran out of time so i had to stop writing just after writing (very briefly) about the 3rd piece. but hey how are you mean to conclude that anyway?

YAY ITS OVER!!!

smiley...

HSC
Yeah thanks for the URL - it was interesting to hear it again. The recording that we heard in the exam was a bit faster than that wasn't it?

Nicci_15

HSC
Uni Grad
If the BOS wanted us to write on 3 pieces they should have given more than 20 minutes for the essay as everyone was accoustomed to writing on 2 pieces in 20 minutes. The melodic dictation was actually an excerpt from a 1997 paper. And did anyone realise that the clarinet part in the 3rd section was transposed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)