Music = crap UAI (1 Viewer)

bassguy

HSC
music 1 doesnt scale as well because it's not as academic as music 2
its like general maths compared to mathematics

aussiechica7

HSC
maybe u can drop music 1 while u still can?

and is it 2 late 2 take music 2?

soras2

HSC
wow this is very overwhelming for me, reading all about this. I do kind of regret picking music, i'm not doing as well as i used to so i guess i need to get better at it. I'm doing music 1 and im really scared it'll scale me down down =/ but reading about how some of your friends did well kind of makes me feel better.. a little.

ness.xox

Member Member
HSC
aussiechica7 said:
maybe u can drop music 1 while u still can?

and is it 2 late 2 take music 2?

No i dont think its THAT late because i just dropped music 1 for music 2 just recently so it is possible :)

Knightingal

HSC
I think there should be a Music 1.5..

seriously..I'm stuck in the middle of the two courses.

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
i did music one for my hsc and although it did lower my uai considerably i dont regret doing it at all. i picked subjects that i wanted to do because i was interested in them, not because of the uai scaling. the more interested u are in ur yr 12 subjects the better u'll do anyways.

bussoti

HSC
Is it because of scaling that it is lowered, because if so, then that's unfair because my school doesn't offer Music 2 so there's no way any of us could do it. I'm hoping that it all depends on how well we perform anyway, talent and all that hullabaloo because if picking the 'easier' route in a subject will jeopardise my UAI then I'm going to blow up the department of education.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Basically, Music 1 scales worse because it's generally much easier to score well in Music 1. If everybody scores 80% or more in the subject, the entire cohort will be dragged down to the overall average of all subjects. To do well in this subject, a student would require a score of 90+ to be competitive with Music 2.

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
To calm anybodies nerves.

If you are good at music, dont want to do music 2, and still want a good UAI...then do Music 1! If you are confident you can get a good mark in music, then by all means do it.

I did Music 1 and got a UAI of 93.5 (I got 96 in music).

And for those that want a super freak UAI, my friend did music 1 and got a UAI of 99.55 (he got 98 in music).

So yeh, if your good, do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)