Music Extension 2005 - General Discussion (1 Viewer)

What elective do you do for Music Extension?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Hello everyone!

This is your official general discussion thread for Music Extension - please chat about all general Music Extension related things in here. The subforums have not come in yet, and until they do, please post in this thread.

The poll is for statistics to let me know what information we need more or less of.

Thanks
-ujuphleg

Crowie

HSC
N/A
hey yea im doing ext performance
wat does everyone do 4 ext classes
we hav 4 in our class n we just go ova music 2 stuff most of the time as our teacher says we r ment to b the top students in music 2 so we should just go ova it

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
Yeah we have a different teacher for extension, so we don't do music 2 stuff. It's also easier because we've split all the extension people into 2 classes- performance and composition (no-one chose musicology) so there's smaller classes to work on the different areas. WE have one class a week- 2 hours on a tuesday after school, thursday for comp.
In the performance class we do a performance critique every 2nd week- we all perform something and then make comments on the other's performances (there's 9 of us). The other weeks we work on our ensemble stuff, with our ensembles if we can, do some individual practise, get friendly advice from each other or our teacher, or just generally bum around and have a good time.
Fun times.

compo^_^guy

HSC
hey what are you people that do ext comp doing for your extension compositions? and how far are you into you compositions, im half way through my second peice and yeah im getting my first piece played by the performers soon, im doing a really comtemporary composition, with like extended trumpet techniques(2 trumpet, 2 percussion) and my other one is like a pretty classicaql style wind quintet, im just decideding if i should do these for my extenstion pieces or 2 unit, cause those dont matter much....so yeh

im the only one doing extension at my school which means that i can pretty much do whatever i like cause the teacher just does other work during my lessons. I practise or do my music 2 stuff cause there's not much else to do!

bennychanman

Stratttys (That's Strathfield, for all those who a
HSC
We also do shitall in extension classes =) but they're fun.

we have em wed afternoons, and we either practice or compose...or write musicology essay (lol only 1 guy's doing that!)...
and then at 4pm we have afternoon tv ( we have a food roster...someone has to bring food every week), and then back to working again and we just leave whenever we want...

magicspell

HSC
those of u doing performance.... do u guys have to write program notes for ur pieces for trials?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)