• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

music extension essay (1 Viewer)

wireless fishcake

HSC
so im thinking of doing musicology for my music extension elective but I don't really have any details on the content of music extension and the requirements for the musicology elective. if anyone is currently doing music ext. or has done it in the past any information about the subject would be appreciated, as I don't want to go in blind.

saltedparsley

HSC
hey this is rather late, i did/am doing music ext but was a performance elective unfortunately. in terms of content, you're pretty much given free rein as the syllabus is very very vague. i'd say discuss with your teacher if they have music ext teaching experience as they might want to guide you to certain topics/areas if they have more experience teaching those. again, i'm not quite sure what the musicology elective would entail specifically as i didn't choose it (phew). however, i'm happy to send you the intro to course ppt my teacher showed us if you want to shoot me a dm, it might have some useful info :)
best of luck w/ music!

wireless fishcake

HSC
hey this is rather late, i did/am doing music ext but was a performance elective unfortunately. in terms of content, you're pretty much given free rein as the syllabus is very very vague. i'd say discuss with your teacher if they have music ext teaching experience as they might want to guide you to certain topics/areas if they have more experience teaching those. again, i'm not quite sure what the musicology elective would entail specifically as i didn't choose it (phew). however, i'm happy to send you the intro to course ppt my teacher showed us if you want to shoot me a dm, it might have some useful info :)
best of luck w/ music!
thank you so much for your help! if you could send the intro powerpoint that would be great :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)