Music In Languages You Don't Understand But Love (1 Viewer)

HSC
Lol I guess you came across this from your Turkish friends.
Good song, extremely crap clip.
Nah lol, I came across it myself. My brother was playing Fifa and the song was on in the background; I thought it was Dutch or something at first lol. Once I downloaded it, I realised it was Turkish. I actually introduced most of my Turkish friends to the song - most of them hadn't heard it before.

Haha, I know, the video clip is horrible.

Rage_Quitter

HSC
can't believe nobody mentioned BIgbang!

Korean band.
Big Bang - Lie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57GPGTOwSPE

Big Bang - Last Greeting
YouTube - BIG BANG 빅뱅 - Last Farewell

Those are my fav songs. =D
Favourite band so far.

yer epik high is pretty hot.

se7en is cool tooo (also korean)

edit: bigbang also (y)
Korean music!!!

I like:
Super Junior + subgroups
Big Bang
I <3 listening to K-Pop, their pretty awesome. My fav band atm is 2ne1.
SO HORNY!!! DAM IT, I'm under-aged for this stuff lols.

I always need eng subs
but i like k-pop :D
especially 2pm

YouTube - [M/V]2PM Again & again from 2:00PM Time for change
I think that's their best song so far.

:shy: i like this asian song i have on my phone/cd and all. Its awesome. :p

Have a vague idea of what its about, but yeh its still pretty foreign to me.
+1 to All. Now I have to find the posts to rep you guys.:D

abhi23

Coming to the Toga Party?
HSC
I like listening to French music.
I've only listened to a couple of Carla Bruni's songs, so I still have a lot to learn/listen to.

onur91

HSC
N/A
Nah lol, I came across it myself. My brother was playing Fifa and the song was on in the background; I thought it was Dutch or something at first lol. Once I downloaded it, I realised it was Turkish. I actually introduced most of my Turkish friends to the song - most of them hadn't heard it before.

Haha, I know, the video clip is horrible.
Lol now that's what I call ironic. To be honest I hate Turkish music, they just really try to imitate American RnB and rock. Really frustrating.

tlodg

HSC
N/A
I heard a song (Russian or Latvian) sang by a really sexy & beautiful girl. She looks Russian and a bit like Angelina Jolie (but with innocent eyes). I wonder if anyone Russian or Latvian here knows which song I'm talking about? I can't find it..I tried searching for "Hot Russian Singer" etc for that song but all I found were some old people and also some weird sites selling CDs..I don't know

HSC
Lol now that's what I call ironic. To be honest I hate Turkish music, they just really try to imitate American RnB and rock. Really frustrating.
Yeah p. ironic lol
The only Turkish songs I've really heard are the slow, sad ones i.e. people going on about love and what not. And they've also followed America with background dancers in tacky body suits :/
But I guess the music industry in the Middle East is experimenting with new elements of music - some of the stuff sounds good. I love Arabic hip hop, actually.

onur91

HSC
N/A
Yeah p. ironic lol
The only Turkish songs I've really heard are the slow, sad ones i.e. people going on about love and what not. And they've also followed America with background dancers in tacky body suits :/
But I guess the music industry in the Middle East is experimenting with new elements of music - some of the stuff sounds good. I love Arabic hip hop, actually.
Those slow and sad Turkish songs are the worst! Also if you have ever listened to arabesque music, you would understand why I hate Turkish music lol
I've never actually listened to any Arabic music, I should probably give it a go.

Bereie

HSC
[youtube]NpcCww9AHVs[/youtube]
[youtube]BthqjaLj7Go[/youtube]

Last edited:
HSC
[youtube]XT0jIrukWNM[/youtube]

Onur, this is an example of tacky Arabic songs + video clips if you'd like to watch haha

/flashing lights

Bereie

HSC
[youtube]vAfPzUy8Gz0[/youtube]
[youtube]CryM8QyzHKM[/youtube]

onur91

HSC
N/A
Onur, this is an example of tacky Arabic songs + video clips if you'd like to watch haha

/flashing lights
Thanks! It actually sounds pretty good, probably because I have no clue what she is saying. I actually listen to foreign language music from Russia or other Eastern European countries because it sounds cool, but with Turkish music I know what they're saying and it's not interesting :p

Weird video though, all those flashing lights, and I think at one point I saw an eye patch. Nice song, thanks for that.

HSC
Holy shit, numa numa fail for the Hebrews :/

And Onur, he's some Palestinian rap

DAM - Mali Huriye (I don't have freedom)

[youtube]Gt5zLEfTQ6g[/youtube]

And Palestinian rap (rapping in Hebrew, singing in Arabic)

[youtube]zIo6lyP9tTE&feature=related[/youtube]

P.S. (sorry for bombarding you with songs :p)

HSC
Thanks! It actually sounds pretty good, probably because I have no clue what she is saying. I actually listen to foreign language music from Russia or other Eastern European countries because it sounds cool, but with Turkish music I know what they're saying and it's not interesting :p

Weird video though, all those flashing lights, and I think at one point I saw an eye patch. Nice song, thanks for that.
Eastern European is beautiful, Balkan folk and all

onur91

HSC
N/A
Holy shit, numa numa fail for the Hebrews :/

And Onur, he's some Palestinian rap

DAM - Mali Huriye (I don't have freedom)

And Palestinian rap (rapping in Hebrew, singing in Arabic)

P.S. (sorry for bombarding you with songs :p)
Thanks again, much appreciated. That first song is actually pretty awesome! Also that track in the background of Mali Huriye sounds really familiar, just trying to remember where i've heard it before. Please don't hesitate to send more my way, always good to listen to new songs, and again it's awesome that I have no idea what they're saying :D

HSC
Yeah, I love listening to Balkan folk, very close to my heritage (mums side were Turkish immigrants form the Balkans in 30's)
Have you heard of the band Beirut? They use some elements of Balkan folk, my fave song is Postcards from Italy

[youtube]RjzVbXeD_8E[/youtube]

If you know any good songs, send them this way :)

What are you into in general?

onur91

HSC
N/A
Have you heard of the band Beirut? They use some elements of Balkan folk, my fave song is Postcards from Italy

If you know any good songs, send them this way :)

What are you into in general?
I haven't heard of Beirut but I think I have seen that video before, pretty nice song.

There's this one song which I like, not Balkan, sounds Turkic. I'm not sure how to embed so i'll put up the link (sorry) YouTube - Turkic / Mongol Signs and Symbols by Duru Creatives©

Here's a Balkan folk song that sounds alright
YouTube - OKUD BALKAN FOLK

Generally i'm into rock, not really a fan of rnb, also like foreign rock/marches. Plus Balkan and Turkic folk.

What about you?

HSC
Really nice songs! I especially like the second one, it would be danced to a cirlce formation thing, right? haha

I'm into indie rock, rock, psychedelic pop, some hardstyles, Arabic, political hip hop and some R&B. I'm not very static and into one sort of music; if I hear a song and I happen to like it then I just listen to it/later download haha, so generally I don't mind, I'm open to most music.

onur91

HSC
N/A
Really nice songs! I especially like the second one, it would be danced to a cirlce formation thing, right? haha

I'm into indie rock, rock, psychedelic pop, some hardstyles, Arabic, political hip hop and some R&B. I'm not very static and into one sort of music; if I hear a song and I happen to like it then I just listen to it/later download haha, so generally I don't mind, I'm open to most music.
That song probably would involce dancing in circles between men and women lol
I usually listen to any genre of music as well, if it's good. I just have a personal grudge against RnB, even if I hear one that I like, I would never admit it :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)