Music room/practice room? (1 Viewer)

wenruoshi

HSC
Hi,
I want to practice piano but I don't have one at where I live now so I'm just wondering if there's any piano practice room or music room on camperdwon or darlington campus?
cheers

HSC
I'm not sure about on the main campus, but the Conservatorium is essentially a campus of the University of Sydney, and they have practice rooms that can be used by students: Access to Facilities - Current students - The University of Sydney

I don't know whether you need to be a student at the Conservatorium to use these rooms, or if being a USyd student is enough, but it would be worth looking in to.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Yeah check out the con.

The seymour centre has a few practice rooms but i'd imagine they'll be harder to book and i think you'd have to pay for their use.

izzy88

HSC
there are also pianos in Old Teachers College and Education Building. They are in rooms used for tutes, but if you found out when tutes weren't happening i'm sure you could play them.

LetsGetBIZET

HSC
Good luck getting a practice room with a Piano at the Con... They tend to be booked out pretty constantly
You can't actually book practice rooms. It's first in, first served. It's just, people use the rooms a lot but you can still find one with a piano. The rooms with pianos are on the bottom level, passing the East and West Recital Hals on your right, through the glass doors and turn left.

The rooms that actually get booked are the larger ones which you would use for chamber music etc. or small seminars. Those are usually locked and you need the key card to swipe to get in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)