• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Music Teachers and Music Shops (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I'm looking for a few recommendations.

Can anyone recommend some good flute teachers, preferably not too far from the inner city??? Or even any good music groups/orchestra type things that I could join? The last exam I did was AMEB Grade 5, but that was a couple of years ago now, and I haven't played much lately.

Also, can anyone recommend any good music stores, preferably as close to the city as possible, with a good collection of flute sheet music. It'd especially love to get my hands on some jazz/blues sheet music, or contemporary and popular stuff. Yes, I know I could just look in the yellow pages, but I don't want to make the effort to get somewhere and then they don't have a big collection.

Thanks for any help u guys can give me!

G

Gavvvvvin

Allans has the big upstair bit thats filled with a heap of sheet music . . .

mack

Banned
HSC
Yeah you cant really go past allans. Venue is some, but only a fraction of allans. Venue is also very guitar-centered.

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Go to Zephyr in north sydney for music books.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
braindrainedAsh said:
Also, can anyone recommend any good music stores, preferably as close to the city as possible, with a good collection of flute sheet music. It'd especially love to get my hands on some jazz/blues sheet music, or contemporary and popular stuff. Yes, I know I could just look in the yellow pages, but I don't want to make the effort to get somewhere and then they don't have a big collection.

Thanks for any help u guys can give me!
There's a huge Allans Music shop on Pitt St. I'm going to head there tomorrow morning before uni to go get some stuff. I'll have a look for you Ash

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)