Muslim nutcases blow up Danish Embassy (2 Viewers)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
banco55 said:
Freedom of speech is meaningless if it doesn't include the freedom to offend. This is a pretty fundamental point.
The freedom is meaningless if it doesnt operate within the framework of a just and equal society. THAT is the fundamental point

banco55

HSC
Iron said:
The freedom is meaningless if it doesnt operate within the framework of a just and equal society. THAT is the fundamental point
That's a rather vacuous statement. Are you suggesting that Denmark is an unjust and unequal society? You sound like the old school marxists dismissing 'meaningless' bourgeois freedoms like freedom of speech and free assembly etc.

Aprilpeters

HSC
Note:

jesus was NOT the son of god!
he was a MAN
he was HUMAN
he DID NOT get killed and then 'return from the dead'
he KNOCKED up Mary Magdelene
his descendants are among us RIGHT NOW
he DID NOT ask to be punished for 'EVERY ONE'S SINS'
he may not even have existed!!
WHO IS JESUS ANY WAY?

-------> just exercising my freedom of speech.

Last edited:

Aprilpeters

HSC
Schroedinger said:
Some of that is bullshit but there isn't really any proof there ever even was a Jesus.
precisely which part is bullshit?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
banco55 said:
That's a rather vacuous statement. Are you suggesting that Denmark is an unjust and unequal society? You sound like the old school marxists dismissing 'meaningless' bourgeois freedoms like freedom of speech and free assembly etc.
Im suggesting that the only freedom without these things is anarchy, and that's clearly shithouse. The freedoms are wery meaningful WERY, but a good government and society is the framework in which these rights operate. It's just not feasible to have the the freedoms turn feral and claw the foundational pillars on which a healthy society operates.
I think that free speech like the Danish cartoons could actually go some way in cultivating a citizen's pride in the ideals/freedoms of their own society - by pointing to what we certainly are not, and rejoicing in this! These are nutricious scraps that the average liberal-democracy aches for. Generally we're pretty flabby, a bit too permissive, not willing to defend ourselves. But it is energy which doesnt last very long. What we really want is a farm where elite farmers grow the produce for the people which sustains them:
OWG

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
Aprilpeters said:
Note:

jesus was NOT the son of god!
he was a MAN
he was HUMAN
he DID NOT get killed and then 'return from the dead'
he KNOCKED up Mary Magdelene
his descendants are among us RIGHT NOW
he DID NOT ask to be punished for 'EVERY ONE'S SINS'
he may not even have existed!!
WHO IS JESUS ANY WAY?

-------> just exercising my freedom of speech.
Someone a fan of the Da Vinci Code?

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
This is an attack against the West and deserves a harsh Western response.

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
The first post lost all credibility the instant it quoted fox news. :hammer:

PrinceHarry said:
This is why Camden rejected Terrorist Training school.
no that's not why. i live close enough to camden to know that 90% of the population there are bogans/rednecks. I dare anyone to challenge me on this.. go drive down there and talk to a couple people and see for yourselves.

JaredR said:
well there's a couple options there.
#1 invade the country for it's resources.
#2 drop a nuke on it.

Anyway - i believe that freedom of speech should be a totally unrestricted right. yes maybe the comics went too far, but just ignore it if you don't like it and MOVE ON.
btw - some guy wrote a book on how he thought the holocaust never happened and he got gaoled for that shit. freedom of speech huh :rolleyes:?

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
Iron said:
Im suggesting that the only freedom without these things is anarchy, and that's clearly shithouse. The freedoms are wery meaningful WERY, but a good government and society is the framework in which these rights operate. It's just not feasible to have the the freedoms turn feral and claw the foundational pillars on which a healthy society operates.
I think that free speech like the Danish cartoons could actually go some way in cultivating a citizen's pride in the ideals/freedoms of their own society - by pointing to what we certainly are not, and rejoicing in this! These are nutricious scraps that the average liberal-democracy aches for. Generally we're pretty flabby, a bit too permissive, not willing to defend ourselves. But it is energy which doesnt last very long. What we really want is a farm where elite farmers grow the produce for the people which sustains them:
OWG
hahaha. Love the use of "shithouse" and "feral".

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
Rageeb said:
The first post lost all credibility the instant it quoted fox news.
While I agree that fox news is an awful source, if you can't specifically refute any of the points in the article then it's irrelevant.
It seems fine to me.

Last edited:

fareezuh

HSC
banco55 said:
Glad to see you are forthrightly condemning this terrorist act. It's a good thing muslms like yourself respect western values like freedom of speech.

You won't see that rubbish in the New York Times or the London Times for that matter.
dam straight we do but do you realise that you just connotated that:
-all muslims don't respect for freedom of speech

p.s i hate to break it to you as Australians we don't have that in oour constitutions.

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
fareezuh said:
dam straight we do but do you realise that you just connotated that:
-all muslims don't respect for freedom of speech
Who needs freedom of speech when you can barely string a sentence together?

Aprilpeters

HSC
Schroedinger said:
There's no record of Jesus ever existing and the da vinci code shit is bullshit.
taking that your referring to magdalene.
if so, i did my extention history major project on that and theres a lot of credible sources which state its possibility.

Aprilpeters

HSC
JaredR said:
you're a disgrace to the west, and deserve a fish slap on the face. :hammer:

SomeoneCool

Banned
HSC
What is wrong with do little bomb in front of evil building? People that die, no body care about. I don't. They infidel. I like see bomb do explosion, it make me happy because infidel get dead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)