Muslim People in Australia (1 Viewer)

bshoc

HSC
N/A
HotShot said:
Either Samuel Huntington and YOu (bshoc) are dumbasses OR Huntington is an IDIOT and u r gullible.

Firstly there is nothing barbaric in Islam, (its all got to perspective/ and interpretation etc), and secondly it exists today has existed for the last century (at least) and it will continue to exist in civilized places - after all Islam really did bring civilization in the middle east. prior to islam - it was barbaric.
Yeah with civilized civilizations like Persia, Egypt and Babylon right? You must be fuckn kidding. Islam is one of the factors that contributes to the middle east becoming and staying a shithole, none of its followers have the ability to think straight - and the golden islamic tradition is to blame the failure of you pathetic culture and religion on others (i.e. its the jews and christians fault).

Most worryingly there is WAY too much discussion on this retarded religion today, when all that needs to be done is to ship islamic people to islamic lands and wall them off, I believe the Israelis have the right idea.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
bshoc said:
Yeah with civilized civilizations like Persia, Egypt and Babylon right? You must be fuckn kidding. Islam is one of the factors that contributes to the middle east becoming and staying a shithole, none of its followers have the ability to think straight - and the golden islamic tradition is to blame the failure of you pathetic culture and religion on others (i.e. its the jews and christians fault).

Most worryingly there is WAY too much discussion on this retarded religion today, when all that needs to be done is to ship islamic people to islamic lands and wall them off, I believe the Israelis have the right idea.
Firstly i am not a muslim and secondly my culture is not similar to that of arabs.

If wasnt for islam, there would have been a egypt as u see it now, prior to the development of the religion, the middle east was ashithole. But as islam grew spread, it brought about foundations for a brillaint civilization. llike any powerhose civilization (rome, briton etc) it has to come to an end. and that has what has happened to islam.

as far as i am concerned, i dont think islamic people have ever blamed anyone for their problems -unlike the jews.
At least they aren arrogant, and nuisance like the jews. WHo for every bloody fucken thing, have to bring the holocaust.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/british-boycott-israeli-lecturers/2006/05/30/1148956347017.html

wonder why?

banco55

HSC
HotShot said:
Firstly i am not a muslim and secondly my culture is not similar to that of arabs.

If wasnt for islam, there would have been a egypt as u see it now, prior to the development of the religion, the middle east was ashithole. But as islam grew spread, it brought about foundations for a brillaint civilization. llike any powerhose civilization (rome, briton etc) it has to come to an end. and that has what has happened to islam.

as far as i am concerned, i dont think islamic people have ever blamed anyone for their problems -unlike the jews.
At least they aren arrogant, and nuisance like the jews. WHo for every bloody fucken thing, have to bring the holocaust.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/british-boycott-israeli-lecturers/2006/05/30/1148956347017.html

wonder why?
You've obviously never read any of the Arab press. They blame the jews for just about everything.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
banco55 said:
You've obviously never read any of the Arab press. They blame the jews for just about everything.
yeah u rite, i dont read the arab press -(cause its arabic - i mean srs), i donthink they 'blame' the jews actually do what the arab press says, -why would they lie about it?

after the jews are primarily based in israel, and isreal absolutely bombs the shit of the palestinians and as if the arabs wouldnt blame them?

man get a life. get over it. the jews are arrogant bitches.

davin

HSC
N/A
hotshot, that you will go to any length to attack jews is well established.

i think its a bit harsh to say that islam brought in the bad state of the middle east. during the dark ages of europe it was the middle east that kept knowledge alive and kept working on it. plus they were a key link for ideas from india reaching europe.
where it went wrong was when islam took its bend heavily into fundamentalism.

banco55

HSC
davin said:
hotshot, that you will go to any length to attack jews is well established.

i think its a bit harsh to say that islam brought in the bad state of the middle east. during the dark ages of europe it was the middle east that kept knowledge alive and kept working on it. plus they were a key link for ideas from india reaching europe.
where it went wrong was when islam took its bend heavily into fundamentalism.
When you've been in decline for circa 500 years something is seriously wrong with your culture. It's not just Islam that's a problem it's arab culture in general. I don't think it's a coincidence that the countries that still have a strong tribal culture are the most backward. African and Arab cultures have a strong tribal culture are they are both very dysfunctional. The decolonised countries that have done best post world war II are the east asian countries with large groups of people who are infused with the confucian culture and aren't into tribal bullshit. There's a reason the Chinese in Indonesia and Malaysia control such a disproportionate part of the economy.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
banco55 said:
When you've been in decline for circa 500 years something is seriously wrong with your culture. It's not just Islam that's a problem it's arab culture in general. I don't think it's a coincidence that the countries that still have a strong tribal culture are the most backward. African and Arab cultures have a strong tribal culture are they are both very dysfunctional. The decolonised countries that have done best post world war II are the east asian countries with large groups of people who are infused with the confucian culture and aren't into tribal bullshit. There's a reason the Chinese in Indonesia and Malaysia control such a disproportionate part of the economy.
yeah tats true, Arab culture is fucked. The religion itself has no ties with culture. evidence of this is how there are so many muslims who dont follow the arab culture.

but islam as an empire has been decline, mainly due to political failures rather religion (though religion has always been used as an excuse for their actions).
but nowadays i realise that ( i had a belief that most muslims were gud) not all muslims are good, actually most of em are pretty extreme which is really sad. there are few good ones, but unfortunately the majority are crap. just turn to one of their friday prayers and just hear the messages that is sent to their fellow 'brothers'. dont worry just grow a beard and smile and they wont notice any difference..

Zayd

HSC
HotShot said:
yeah tats true, Arab culture is fucked. The religion itself has no ties with culture. evidence of this is how there are so many muslims who dont follow the arab culture.

but islam as an empire has been decline, mainly due to political failures rather religion (though religion has always been used as an excuse for their actions).
but nowadays i realise that ( i had a belief that most muslims were gud) not all muslims are good, actually most of em are pretty extreme which is really sad. there are few good ones, but unfortunately the majority are crap. just turn to one of their friday prayers and just hear the messages that is sent to their fellow 'brothers'. dont worry just grow a beard and smile and they wont notice any difference..
Hotshot......stop ur stereotyping bullshit
There are 1.5 billion muslims in the world....if a 100 million were extreme out of the 1.5 billion....this world would be in absolute chaos.
Also, people here should stop associating "arabs" or "arabic culture" to Islam because the majority of muslims in the world are of non-Arab decent.
Comments like "Islam brought instability to the arab world" is total bullshit. Im sick of people making their pathetic assumptions without any valid reasoning or backup.
The fact is before Islam, the arabs use to bury their daughters alive. And it was the Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h) who stopped the inhumane practise in the arab world. i.e. it is Islam that gave rights to women in the arab world
And this is just one example of soo many.

Last edited:

Zayd

HSC
bshoc said:

retarded huh?
ironically its the fastest growing religion in the world at the same time, regardless of the constant bashing Islam gets from the media.
Personally i believe ur, lets say, "shallow" to make such claims because any person with even little knowledge of Islam would think otherwise.

banco55

HSC
News from the mother country:

"In a meeting last month with some families of victims of the July 7 attacks, John Reid, the Home Secretary, stunned his audience by telling them that 20 “major conspiracies” had been uncovered.

This was far more than anyone in Whitehall had previously divulged. Understandably, Mr Reid did not go into details but his claim came shortly after MI5 suggested that there were as many as 1,200 terrorist suspects living in Britain.

A report by the Joint Intelligence Committee leaked to a Sunday newspaper last month said that the war in Iraq had made Britain a target for al-Qaeda sympathisers “for many years to come”.

This report showed the remarkable rise in suspects that MI5 was attempting to shadow. At the time of the 9/11 attacks, MI5 knew of about 250 “primary investigative targets” inside Britain. By July 7 last year that had risen to 800. Today it is more than 1,000. Sir Ian Blair, the Metropolitan Police Commissioner, had revealed how three attacks had been foiled since July 7 that were likely to have caused many more deaths than the 52 killed in last summer’s suicide bombings.
Some of these plots were reportedly being put together by young, British-born Muslims. Finding these cells was the priority. But to add to the investigators’ workload, Tony Blair also ordered an operation to deal with foreign-born militants living and working here who were helping to organise and bankroll attacks overseas. "

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-2209043,00.html

and news from our canadian cousins:

MISSISSAUGA, Ontario, June 4 — At least 6 of the 17 people arrested by Canadian authorities in a sweeping counterterrorism operation over the weekend regularly attended the same storefront mosque in this middle-class Toronto suburb of modest brick rental townhouses and well-kept lawns, fellow worshipers said Sunday.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/05/w...&en=362e702556f784b1&ei=5094&partner=homepage

Last edited:

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
I don't think that Muslim (or indeed any religion) parents should necessarily let their kids be Muslim, what about those 5 year old kids waving banners such as Death to Denmark and Homosexuals actually know what they are holding. Its a sick convulted concept IMO.

I don't know why we need Muslim groups in a country like Australia where the law is separated from the church and the concept of individual thought and reasoning is held. I don't think humans are actually capable of following Islam or any other religion anyway, they only do because they fear mortality. Thats fucked and I will do anything to stop this tripe from manifesting itself in people's thoughts and controlling them.

Last edited:

Zayd

HSC
banco55 said:
News from the mother country:

"In a meeting last month with some families of victims of the July 7 attacks, John Reid, the Home Secretary, stunned his audience by telling them that 20 “major conspiracies” had been uncovered.

This was far more than anyone in Whitehall had previously divulged. Understandably, Mr Reid did not go into details but his claim came shortly after MI5 suggested that there were as many as 1,200 terrorist suspects living in Britain.

A report by the Joint Intelligence Committee leaked to a Sunday newspaper last month said that the war in Iraq had made Britain a target for al-Qaeda sympathisers “for many years to come”.

This report showed the remarkable rise in suspects that MI5 was attempting to shadow. At the time of the 9/11 attacks, MI5 knew of about 250 “primary investigative targets” inside Britain. By July 7 last year that had risen to 800. Today it is more than 1,000. Sir Ian Blair, the Metropolitan Police Commissioner, had revealed how three attacks had been foiled since July 7 that were likely to have caused many more deaths than the 52 killed in last summer’s suicide bombings.
Some of these plots were reportedly being put together by young, British-born Muslims. Finding these cells was the priority. But to add to the investigators’ workload, Tony Blair also ordered an operation to deal with foreign-born militants living and working here who were helping to organise and bankroll attacks overseas. "

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-2209043,00.html

and news from our canadian cousins:

MISSISSAUGA, Ontario, June 4 — At least 6 of the 17 people arrested by Canadian authorities in a sweeping counterterrorism operation over the weekend regularly attended the same storefront mosque in this middle-class Toronto suburb of modest brick rental townhouses and well-kept lawns, fellow worshipers said Sunday.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/05/w...&en=362e702556f784b1&ei=5094&partner=homepage
Now i c why u make such lame comments about islam. your all the same.....all use the media to back ur low agruements. i cant blame u......u all take the easy option..and why not....nobody in this world wants to take the harder option..in this case.... going to authentic Islamic sources such as the QURAN, and learning abt wht the religion ACTUALLY teaches it's followers.
But then again.....prior to 9/11 the yearly conversion rate to Islam was 64 thousand people (in the US).....post september 11....i.e. the following year the number doubled to 130 thousand. I guess there are many in this world that don't rely on others or use the media as a source of seeking knowledge. They do their own research.

Last edited:

banco55

HSC
So Zayd you're suggesting that muslim extremists aren't a serious threat to western nations? The bombing in july last year in england was just a figment of the media's imagination?

Zayd

HSC
banco55 said:
So Zayd you're suggesting that muslim extremists aren't a serious threat to western nations? The bombing in july last year in england was just a figment of the media's imagination?
No..ofcourse not.....they are a threat and shud be eliminated.
What i have a problem with is when people like you start blaming the religion for their actions and commments like u made earlier such as"the retarded religion" is what pisses me off. I know my religion.......and if my religion did encourage suicide bombings and the killing of innocent people...i simply wudnt follow it. But i do....because those so called "terorrists" who use Islam as a justification for their actions are WRONG. And my religion ISLAM is right (to me) and im proud of being a part of it.
So next time before typing up ur pesonal opinion on to the key board and clicking "submit reply" please do realise that offending 1.5 billion people is not the way to go.

Last edited:

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
Zayd said:
And my religion ISLAM is right (to me) and im proud of being a part of it.
So next time before typing up ur pesonal appeanean on to the key board and clicking "submit reply" please do realise that offending 1.5 billion people is not the way to go.
It may cause offence, but it is unfair if you can criticise elements of Western culture but we can't look back and say that we believe the koran to be a whole load of dogmatic bullshit. If you read some elements saying homosexuality is immoral and a lot of it glorifies violence and promotes capital punishment, that offends me but if i say by my moral judgement that it is wrong, you turn around and threaten us with death saying my analysis offends YOU.

I have read it and i have to say it was one of the most odd, ambiguous and violent books I have read and whatever the person who wrote it (not Muhammad as that concept of it being revealed to him whilst stoned) must have known they were going to cause a lot of pain, division and trouble in the world.

Zayd

HSC
ihavenothing said:
It may cause offence, but it is unfair if you can criticise elements of Western culture but we can't look back and say that we believe the koran to be a whole load of dogmatic bullshit. If you read some elements saying homosexuality is immoral and a lot of it glorifies violence and promotes capital punishment, that offends me but if i say by my moral judgement that it is wrong, you turn around and threaten us with death saying my analysis offends YOU.

I have read it and i have to say it was one of the most odd, ambiguous and violent books I have read and whatever the person who wrote it (not Muhammad as that concept of it being revealed to him whilst stoned) must have known they were going to cause a lot of pain, division and trouble in the world.
When you say "you threaten us with death" what do u mean?
c this is what i mean by steorotyping and the "constant bashing Islam gets from the media". I'm a muslim and if u say to me the Quran is wrong "IM NOT GOING TO KILL YOU". I will quote from the Quran "there is NO COMPULSION in religion". Im NOT going to force you to accept the Quran as the truth.

Pain, Division, Trouble???
Go back to history....back to the time when Islam was a major player as the world leader. It is recorded the only time in HISTORY where the 3 monotheist religions: ISLAM, CHRISTINAITY, AND JUDAISM lived in peace and harmony. Where religous differences and barriers weren't looked at, and the 3 faiths worked together to translate their scriptures into arbaic, hebru, etc. The only time where a muslim would design and paint a church, and vice versa. The ONLY time in HISTORY my friend, the only time.

Capital punishment? let me give you a simple explanation
If your sister, mother, wife, or a close friend were to be raped or killed (GOD forbid), and i were to place the rapist or murderer infront of you....What would u do to him? don't tell me you would reply by the lines of "i will take him to the cops station and lock him up". 99% of people, whether muslim or non-muslim, would say sometihng by the lines of "i will kill him"

why the double standards??????

Zayd

HSC
ihavenothing said:
I was going through this website (http://www.irf.net/irf/main.htm) and found an interesting Q&A regarding the verses in the Quran promoting violence.

3. DOES ISLAM PROMOTE VIOLENCE?

Question:

Doesn’t Islam promote violence, bloodshed and brutality since the Qur’an says that Muslims should kill the kuffar where ever they find them?

Answer:

A few selected verses from the Qur’an are often misquoted to perpetuate the myth that Islam promotes violence, and exhorts its followers to kill those outside the pale of Islam.

1. Verse from Surah Taubah
The following verse from Surah Taubah is very often quoted by critics of Islam, to show that Islam promotes violence, bloodshed and brutality:

"Kill the mushriqeen (pagans, polytheists, kuffar) where ever you find them."
[Al-Qur’an 9:5]

2. Context of verse is during battlefield
Critics of Islam actually quote this verse out of context. In order to understand the context, we need to read from verse 1 of this surah. It says that there was a peace treaty between the Muslims and the Mushriqs (pagans) of Makkah. This treaty was violated by the Mushriqs of Makkah. A period of four months was given to the Mushriqs of Makkah to make amends. Otherwise war would be declared against them. Verse 5 of Surah Taubah says:

"But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practise regular charity, then open the way for them: for Allah is oft-forgiving, Most merciful."
[Al-Qur’an 9:5]

This verse is quoted during a battle.

3. Example of war between America and Vietnam
We know that America was once at war with Vietnam. Suppose the President of America or the General of the American Army told the American soldiers during the war: "Wherever you find the Vietnamese, kill them". Today if I say that the American President said, "Wherever you find Vietnamese, kill them" without giving the context, I will make him sound like a butcher. But if I quote him in context, that he said it during a war, it will sound very logical, as he was trying to boost the morale of the American soldiers during the war.

4. Verse 9:5 quoted to boost morale of Muslims during battle

Similarly in Surah Taubah chapter 9 verse 5 the Qur’an says, "Kill the Mushriqs where ever you find them", during a battle to boost the morale of the Muslim soldiers. What the Qur’an is telling Muslim soldiers is, don’t be afraid during battle; wherever you find the enemies kill them.

5. Shourie jumps from verse 5 to verse 7
Arun Shourie is one of the staunchest critics of Islam in India. He quotes the same verse, Surah Taubah chapter 9 verse 5 in his book ‘The World of Fatwahs’, on page 572. After quoting verse 5 he jumps to verse 7 of Surah Taubah. Any sensible person will realise that he has skipped verse 6.

6. Surah Taubah chapter 9 verse 6 gives the answer
Surah Taubah chapter 9 verse 6 gives the answer to the allegation that Islam promotes violence, brutality and bloodshed. It says:

"If one amongst the pagans ask thee for asylum,grant it to him, so that he may hear the word of Allah; and then escort him to where he can be secure that is because they are men without knowledge."
[Al-Qur’an 9:6]

The Qur’an not only says that a Mushriq seeking asylum during the battle should be granted refuge, but also that he should be escorted to a secure place. In the present international scenario, even a kind, peace-loving army General, during a battle, may let the enemy soldiers go free, if they want peace. But which army General will ever tell his soldiers, that if the enemy soldiers want peace during a battle, don’t just let them go free, but also escort them to a place of security?

This is exactly what Allah (swt) says in the Glorious Qur’an to promote peace in the world.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)