Muslims declare jihad on uni timetables (1 Viewer)

Islamofascist

HSC
N/A
Schroedinger said:
Hahahha it's funny because God doesn't exist you fucking moron.
if Allah doesnt exist then how come he cud tell so much 1400 years ago that science only learns today. there is so much proof that Allah and the holy Quran are real and onli an imbecile would miss it or maybe you are just one that Allah said he would close his heart to.
for evidence http://miraclesofthequran.com/ that Allah is the only God

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
1) If there is a great push within the Islamic community for these adjustments perhaps they should invest in the establishment of an Islamic university similar to Australian Catholic University.

2) My belief is there is a very minor population who want these changes.

3) If you are Muslim, and a lecture falls within prayer it would be respected by every lecturer that you leave the classroom and go to pray. Perhaps a "Prayer Room" on campus is a more appropriate option. Otherwise pray where you won't be in other's way - don't worry freedom of religion is approved here.

4) If you don't want to eat with other men/women then don't eat at university, or eat outside in a quiet area.

moz324

HSC
JaredR said:
1) If there is a great push within the Islamic community for these adjustments perhaps they should invest in the establishment of an Islamic university similar to Australian Catholic University.

2) My belief is there is a very minor population who want these changes.

3) If you are Muslim, and a lecture falls within prayer it would be respected by every lecturer that you leave the classroom and go to pray. Perhaps a "Prayer Room" on campus is a more appropriate option. Otherwise pray where you won't be in other's way - don't worry freedom of religion is approved here.

4) If you don't want to eat with other men/women then don't eat at university, or eat outside in a quiet area.
Yeah, i agree, the islamic university would b a gud idea. im not a muslim, but it would be good.

Nat3skiz

HSC
Islamofascist said:
if Allah doesnt exist then how come he cud tell so much 1400 years ago that science only learns today. there is so much proof that Allah and the holy Quran are real and onli an imbecile would miss it or maybe you are just one that Allah said he would close his heart to.
for evidence http://miraclesofthequran.com/ that Allah is the only God
LOL wow i went to that site and all it was, was people telling us how scientists came to the conclusion that allah created everything through research. What a load of shit.

TacoTerrorist

HSC
^ Nice way to dismiss things you don't agree with.

I don't see the problem of allowing Muslim students to have their timetables changed slightly to allow for prayer.

Nazis.

ticky2002

HSC
N/A
TacoTerrorist said:
I don't see the problem of allowing Muslim students to have their timetables changed slightly to allow for prayer.
I don't really see much of a problem with them changing their timetables.
But everyone elses shouldn't have to be changed as well.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
ticky2002 said:
Do they not realise that this isn't their country?
seriously that is so ignorant.

don't you realise that Australia is one of the most diversified and multi-cultural counties on earth.

Sure, chances are they've come from another country with different values, morals and religion..but that doesn't mean that this isn't their country.

It's their home land too. (by their i mean all migrants and descendants of migrants in Australia)

------

as for the timetable changes in unis like maq and syd and unsw and stuff.. i don't think it's fair for other students at all.

sajad07

HSC
this homo el-capitane comes up with some srsly f'd up threads. u dykish bitch ass fool made punk

ticky2002

HSC
N/A
fernando said:
seriously that is so ignorant.
I hardly remember saying that.
But I've had more time to think now.
And realise that yeah, they should be allowed to do what they want, for their religions and everything.
Thus what I said before stands.

"I don't really see much of a problem with them changing their timetables.
But everyone elses shouldn't have to be changed as well."

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
boris said:
IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, FEEL FREE TO FUCK OFF
that pretty much says it all.

also unis do give some flexibility when choosing thier timetable so its not as if the timetable is completely not flexable.

Born2baplacebo

Get Behind Me Satan
HSC
So can I just convert to Islam to avoid going to uni?
Why don't they just declare jihad on themselves and then we'll have less of them around?

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
Born2baplacebo said:
So can I just convert to Islam to avoid going to uni?
Why don't they just declare jihad on themselves and then we'll have less of them around?

that's why it's a bad idea. people would take advantage of it.

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
its also a bad idea cause it is unfair to others that want timetable changes.

SomeoneCool

Banned
HSC
greekgun said:
No, no, no. If the muslims want to do there prayer, then im fine with that but they can do it in there own time. Why cant they miss the lecture for a bit and then get the notes of some one else? I come from a greek background, but i dont go out and complain about things that get in the way of my religon. I suck it up and adapt. Why should they get special treatment, when so many other religons dont?

P.S- If we go to a muslim country, women who are not of muslim religon are forced to wear a veil or they are forced to leave. So if we go there, we adapt to their culture and fit in so we dont hidrence them. Now using their logic, if they come here they should fit into our culture and not disrupt the Austrlian education system. It just isnt fair that we are treated like scum when we go to their countries, when they expect special benifits over here. For example, i understand they get special prayer room in universities, well if we went to their counties and we asked for a prayer room for our religon we would probably get turned down straight away. So like many other have said, if you dont like it, then leave.
I wouldn't exactly say you'd get turned down, maybe blown up would be the correct phrase to use.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
For goodness sake, if you want to pray, go pray. I don't see why the university should have to change the way it does things to fit in with the religious requirements of a minority. If you can't hack going to lectures AND prayer at the same time then stop doing one of them. It's pretty simple. You want to go to uni? Go, then. Oh noes, a lecture falls during one of your scheduled prayer times? Get up, go pray for 5 minutes and return to the lecture room. How is that so hard to do? If there's no designated "prayer room" or anything at your university, duck into an empty classroom or something. You can't expect that your specific religious needs will be able to be fully accomodated by the university, so you'll have to do some getting over it if you want to learn AND pray.

In regards to the eating issue, if you don't want to eat in the same place as men, then don't. Find an empty patch of courtyard, grab some girlfriends and chow down. It doesn't have to be a huge regulated deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)