Muslims tell Howard: Stop Inciting Hatred (1 Viewer)

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
And before someone makes the rightful claim that we should not take the quote on face value, I'll make my point..

When the ambiguity of the phrase is such that it can be easily interpreted in many different ways, it creates a greater tendency for one to utilise such exerpts to serve their agenda...

That is a fundamental deficiency with religions such as Islam. The vast array of interpretations that can be established at the core of the belief system result in this scattered and disjointed religion which evolves into the moderate and extremist factions that attempt to justify its various claims.

Any person who suggests that those outspoken proponents of the extreme calibre such the publicised Sheik are 'not 'true followers' of Islam should realise that it is the weaknesses in the religions tenets that lend themselve to such exploitation..

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Any person who suggests that those outspoken proponents of the extreme calibre such the publicised Sheik are 'not 'true followers' of Islam should realise that it is the weaknesses in the religions tenets that lend themselve to such exploitation..
It's not really a weakness, most modern religions involve extreme ammounts of personal interpretation - it makes it easier for it to be accepted by a wider audience.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
sly fly said:
Frog129 - There is nothing ambiguous about the terms innocent civilians and non-combatants. Whether a person be an 'infidel' or a Muslim, or a Christian or whatever......that has no bearing on whether or not they are classified as a civilian or non-combatant.

Btw, I don't know where u ppl get this whole 'Muslims preach the killing of 'infidels' thing'. Most of my friends are non-muslims and nowhere in Islam does it condone intolerance towards non-muslims, let alone killing them.........quite the opposite actually.
this quote goes against all you say about intolerance towards non-muslims.

I WILL CAST TERROR INTO THE HEARTS OF THOSE WHO DISBELIEVE. THEREFORE STRIKE OFF THEIR HEADS AND STRIKE OFF EVERY FINGERTIP OF THEM. THIS IS BECAUSE THEY ACTED ADVERSELY TO ALLAH AND HIS MESSENGER; AND WHOEVER ACTS ADVERSELY TO ALLAH AND HIS MESSENGER - THEN SURELY ALLAH IS SEVERE IN REQUITING (EVIL). THIS - TASTE IT, AND (KNOW) THAT FOR THE UNBELIEVERS IS THE PUNISHMENT OF FIRE.
[8:12-14]

its obvious that the quran talks alot about intolerance to other religions. This is also demonstranted in those videos of beheadings on the net

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
It's not really a weakness, most modern religions involve extreme ammounts of personal interpretation - it makes it easier for it to be accepted by a wider audience.
Maybe so, but as I said, this also means that it does become more conducive to exploitation for individual purposes..It is a weakness in the sense that it doesn't derive a set of 'standard' principles..

Even amongst the various christian denominations there are still the same recurring themese and beliefs. Whilst interpretation does obviously occur, the discrepancies between one denomination and another are less apparent.

SGS05

HSC
How are the new terrorism laws inciting hate against muslims? it applies for everyone who could be a portential threat to Australia. Personally I would rather be labelled intolerant than to be dead.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Well of course they are going to seem to target islam at the moment, as muslims happen to be the people speaking out against australia / involved with terrorist organisations. However I feel the legislation is not in any way anti-muslim.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)