Must-Go-Places in Tokyo, Japan? (1 Viewer)

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
As title suggests.

Also, specifically:
- Food places
- Entertainment (pop culture, anime)
- Shopping

Anything other suggestions are also appreciated.

turntaker

HSC
Buy a kei car and use it to explore the country side.

yesterday

HSC
Dotonbori in Osaka is quite famous for the Glico man. And you can eat okonomiyaki and takoyaki there.

Kyoto has some temples if you want to delve into culture.

Shopping centres should be plentiful in Tokyo/any big cities. Sogo, Aeon, etc.

Nara for deer feeding.

Drsoccerball

HSC
Just came back from Japan, Tanzenia, Malawi, Kenya and Turkey.

I myself have never been to Tokyo but I heard Akihabara has the best arcades.
Not really... Didn't see a good one at all LOL.

Go to the pokemon Centre. I think they have 1 in tokyo
I saw one there in a shopping centre it was pretty big but didn't buy anything expensive af... But you can find stores like it in Australia.

You want to go to the theme park right next to Mount fuji. It has three world record breaking roller-coaster's: World's fastest, World's steepest and World's most inversions. I can post photos if you like :p I got scared and backed out while my mates all went on it ahah. Shutup.

Visit the temples and ancient ruins etc...

Everything is expensive in Japan so don't go there for shopping. We bought noodles 14 of us 600 dollars LOL worst noodles ever as well no flavour and not filling.

I went to akahabara(or whatever it's called) to buy crap and exchanged 200 dollars and there was no main stream anime it was those crappy ones that no one watches...

Kaido

be.
HSC
Just came back from Japan, Tanzenia, Malawi, Kenya and Turkey.

Not really... Didn't see a good one at all LOL.

I saw one there in a shopping centre it was pretty big but didn't buy anything expensive af... But you can find stores like it in Australia.

You want to go to the theme park right next to Mount fuji. It has three world record breaking roller-coaster's: World's fastest, World's steepest and World's most inversions. I can post photos if you like :p I got scared and backed out while my mates all went on it ahah. Shutup.

Visit the temples and ancient ruins etc...

Everything is expensive in Japan so don't go there for shopping. We bought noodles 14 of us 600 dollars LOL worst noodles ever as well no flavour and not filling.

I went to akahabara(or whatever it's called) to buy crap and exchanged 200 dollars and there was no main stream anime it was those crappy ones that no one watches...
Biiiiitchhhhhhhedddd outttt :lol:

tofusenpai

HSC
I don't know if these places are in Tokyo or around it but places I think would be must go tos are:

- Castles (e.g Himeji castle)
- Studio Ghibli place/cafe
- Disneyland (You just have to)
- Universal Studios (my friend is at Japan atm and she snapchatted a 200 sec long story at UniStu and had the time of her life - looks really nice
I might have been jealous
- Hokkaido (I think they have nice bread, buns, cheescakes etc because everything with Hokkaido I've tasted is really nice imo)
- Shibuya (for shopping)
- Hello Kitty World

shadowdyne

HSC
N/A
if you're into anime then akihabara is definitely a must IMO. plenty of merchandise available, from figures to trading card games, hobby stores and lots of electronics. id recommend Yodobashi for all kinds of electronics and yellow submarine if you're into card games or collecting stuff :) I just spent like 3 days of my schoolies there haha.

as others have noted, you might want to check out the castles if you're looking to check out the culture.

as for food, anything you eat will likely be good (the food there is amazing) but one store id definitely recommend is mutekiya in Ikebukuro. the ramen there is amazing and I couldn't help but eat 2 bowls myself [emoji14] if you're looking for budget then definitely matsuya. the marinated beef rice there is just amazing and cheap too. have fun :)

Sent from my E6683 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
I don't know if these places are in Tokyo or around it but places I think would be must go tos are:

- Castles (e.g Himeji castle)
- Studio Ghibli place/cafe
- Disneyland (You just have to)
- Universal Studios (my friend is at Japan atm and she snapchatted a 200 sec long story at UniStu and had the time of her life - looks really nice
I might have been jealous
- Hokkaido (I think they have nice bread, buns, cheescakes etc because everything with Hokkaido I've tasted is really nice imo)
- Shibuya (for shopping)
- Hello Kitty World
Lol have you even been

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Akihabara (shopping,culture,best arcades around Tokyo, maid cafe,anime etc...), Shinjuku-basically Harajuku (outside Cosplay-especially Sundays),crepes,Lolita,Gayuro or however you call it and other interesting/querky fashion, Shibuya(overated shopping,trendy styles,purikura photos,food(cafes)),famous crossing), Tokyo Joypolis, Karaoke (pretty advanced), Koto (Giant Gundam with gundam shop,Diver city tokyo plaza which has a big OneRound game center - really good place to visit for unlimited (time based) sports, arcade etc.,shopping) - Pokemon Center, and Disneyland - Universal Studios better book in advanced if u want to go but not as good as disney unless you've already went to Disneyland several times.

Ginza/Roppongi for foreigner bars, pick up chicks.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Out of curiosity, what are good food places in Japan? (just curious)

Silly Sausage

HSC
Out of curiosity, what are good food places in Japan? (just curious)
Pretty much anywhere when I went lol.

BTW if you go to Disneyland, you MUST purchase the fast-pass unless you're content with waiting in line for 3 hours.

si2136

HSC
N/A
Yes, vending machine for used female items

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
How much money do ppl spend when they go to Japan? lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)