Mutliple Choice Answers! (1 Viewer)

BillyMak

Silent majority
HSC
So apart from 10, is it generally agreed that icebreaka's answers are correct?

Kenny-C

HSC
1. A
2. C
3. C
4. D
5. C
6. D
7. D
8. B
9. B
10. B
11. C
12. C
13. B
14. B
15. D
16. C
17. C
18. D
19. B
20. A

Becc

icebrekka has the right answer for 10 - it says b on her post.

i have a couple of them wrong, silly mistakes.

icebreaka

Textbooks!
HSC
sureral2004 said:
are you guys sure that 5 is A? Because if you look at it right, it asks for global changes...
a depreciation of the AUD is not necessarily a global change.
and as for 13... how sure are you that the answer is C
Hmm.. I would think currency flunctuations were a global change?

my real toss up qith that qn was between A and B as i get confused with appreciation and depreciation.. i just went with A

BlindGuardian

Question 15 was D mediation and not C conciliation
Conciliation involves a third party representative form the AIRC and is the next step after mediation which involces a neutral 3rd part...
BTW...i got 20/20 :D

BillyMak

Silent majority
HSC
I'm pretty confident 5 is A.

Our dollar atm buys about 73 US cents, that's why it is cheap for Americans to buy Australian imports. Similarly, it is expensive for us to buy their exports.

If the difference in the two currencies were to increase, the cost would increase more for us to buy their imports. Thus expenses would increase, and the expense ratio would increase.

"Widespread dumping of coffee due to excess supply" would increase the expense ratio, since expense ratio = expenses/sales, and they are paying expenses for something that they didn't sell, but this option is not a global change.

Last edited:

Kenny-C

HSC
icebreaka said:
Hmm.. I would think currency flunctuations were a global change?

my real toss up qith that qn was between A and B as i get confused with appreciation and depreciation.. i just went with A

umm.... it states a change in the Australian dollar... which is a domestic change

Becc

Kenny-C said:
umm.... it states a change in the Australian dollar... which is a domestic change
thats question 5, right? because i understood fluctuations in the australian dollar to be domestic rather than international, it just stressed me a bit.

lol, you cant tell for sure you got 20/20, we could all have some wrong answers here! at times the answer you least expect is right.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Kenny-C said:
That's what I was thinking, but it doesn't specify whether it's an Aust. bus....were we meant to assume it was?

icebreaka

Textbooks!
HSC
What's the global change in "Widespread dumping of coffee due to excess supply" ?

BillyMak

Silent majority
HSC
It says nowhere that the widespread dumping is overseas, and a new free trade agreement with one of the suppliers would decrease the expense ratio.

BillyMak

Silent majority
HSC
I still think it is (A). Although a change in the Australian dollar is domestic, it has an impact internationally, indicating that it could be considered as a global change.

Besides, how is dumping coffee a global "change"?

icebreaka

Textbooks!
HSC
BillyMak said:
I still think it is (A). Although a change in the Australian dollar is domestic, it has an impact internationally, indicating that it could be considered as a global change.

Besides, how is dumping coffee a global "change"?
I agree with Billymak.. Dumping excess production in a foreign market is an activity.. or a practice.. or something else.. but i can't see it as being a global change?

Acid

HSC
For question 9... I put D. SOme ppl say its Global branding but I would disagree because Pepsi doesn't own Coke do they? I thought global branding only applied if it was the same company...

BlindGuardian

im like 99% sure i got 20/20...after the exam we checked up the answers with our social science head teacher and the top couple of students....;)

Acid

HSC
_DeathlessOne_ said:
The answer to 5 is C, fools :p
It's A because it's an import company, and depreciation of aussie dollars --> more expensive imports. Which means expenses will be higher.

Economics ppl should know that :)

Becc

99% sure is fine :p :D

its global branding for 9, i'm pretty sure.
the reason you can tell that coke and pepsi are different products is because they each use their own global branding strategies, that allows consumers to identify them. :uhhuh:
Differentiated marketing is when a company uses a completely different strategy to that of their competitors.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)