MX2 and Hospitality, a weird subject combo? (1 Viewer)

vinlatte

HSC
oh ok. Btw By 5.3 math I was talking about advanced math but you answered my question. It's okay. Also do you think moving schools really impacts your studies and HSC?
I stayed in the same high school since yr 7, so I can't speak from personal experience. I think any change can impact anything, but that impact could be a good thing. It really depends on you, how you respond to your change in schools, and how you face your studies towards the HSC. You got this, you amazing human.

Cherrybomb56

HSC
oh ok, hmmm true thanks for the advice vinlatte. Thanks, it felt nice to hear that and you too

Arrowshaft

HSC
oh ok. Btw By 5.3 math I was talking about advanced math but you answered my question. It's okay. Also do you think moving schools really impacts your studies and HSC?
To answer this question, yes. In 5.3 maths toward the end of the course when we learnt polynomials that was the only true taste of higher level mathematics I got. Just the shift in content and problem solving introduced in MX1 is sheer. A lot of people who performed well in year 10 started to drop so much in MX1. However, if you enjoy that kinda stuff and are passionate about maths you’ll like this change. Personally my results actually stepped up from year 10, as I was so prone to making silly arithmetic mistakes in year 10 maths where in year 11 and 12 everything became more conceptual and I was able to get through by thinking through the problems rather than blindly plugging and chugging numbers into a calculator as was the case with year 10. For advanced maths though, I’d say it’s not too much of a step up from year 10. Even though it’s content and problem solving is similar in level to MX1, the hsc tends to lead you through the problems more so it’s manageable. Anyways, good luck! And if you have more questions feel free to ask

Cherrybomb56

HSC
To answer this question, yes. In 5.3 maths toward the end of the course when we learnt polynomials that was the only true taste of higher level mathematics I got. Just the shift in content and problem solving introduced in MX1 is sheer. A lot of people who performed well in year 10 started to drop so much in MX1. However, if you enjoy that kinda stuff and are passionate about maths you’ll like this change. Personally my results actually stepped up from year 10, as I was so prone to making silly arithmetic mistakes in year 10 maths where in year 11 and 12 everything became more conceptual and I was able to get through by thinking through the problems rather than blindly plugging and chugging numbers into a calculator as was the case with year 10. For advanced maths though, I’d say it’s not too much of a step up from year 10. Even though it’s content and problem solving is similar in level to MX1, the hsc tends to lead you through the problems more so it’s manageable. Anyways, good luck! And if you have more questions feel free to ask
wow thanks :) Actually I see your doing chemistry right, so what was the change in chem from year 10 to 11? Is the content easy to grasp?

Arrowshaft

HSC
wow thanks :) Actually I see your doing chemistry right, so what was the change in chem from year 10 to 11? Is the content easy to grasp?
Chemistry tbh is pretty easy if you know your maths. You do 5.3 so you’ll crush the maths part of chemistry. Considering most of the state that does chemistry struggle with the maths part, just being able to do the maths stuff alone can secure yourself an easy band 5. The rest is just theory, which is also easy to grasp. Everything in chemistry is very hands on so the concepts are built on a solid foundation, it’s just the memorisation of applications that can get a bit tedious sometimes. Physics on the other hand, the concepts are not at all easy 😬 but the memorisation of content is little. However, once you put in the time to master physics concepts, there’s nothing stopping you from smashing the course.

Cherrybomb56

HSC
nice did you do tutions for chem?
Chemistry tbh is pretty easy if you know your maths. You do 5.3 so you’ll crush the maths part of chemistry. Considering most of the state that does chemistry struggle with the maths part, just being able to do the maths stuff alone can secure yourself an easy band 5. The rest is just theory, which is also easy to grasp. Everything in chemistry is very hands on so the concepts are built on a solid foundation, it’s just the memorisation of applications that can get a bit tedious sometimes. Physics on the other hand, the concepts are not at all easy 😬 but the memorisation of content is little. However, once you put in the time to master physics concepts, there’s nothing stopping you from smashing the course.

Cherrybomb56

HSC
Yea, I went to tutoring for all my subjects. More for past papers and revision to reinforce my knowledge
nice did you only go in the start of year 11? Do you think it's better to do private tutoring for chem and english?

Arrowshaft

HSC
nice did you only go in the start of year 11? Do you think it's better to do private tutoring for chem and english?
I went from the end of year 10 to the end of year 12. I would encourage going to tutoring as it really consolidates knowledge, however only do it if you are able to effectively manage your time and able to study after tutoring without getting tired as well. Remember, tutoring is NOT a substitute for studying, so you have to balance both.

Cherrybomb56

HSC
I went from the end of year 10 to the end of year 12. I would encourage going to tutoring as it really consolidates knowledge, however only do it if you are able to effectively manage your time and able to study after tutoring without getting tired as well. Remember, tutoring is NOT a substitute for studying, so you have to balance both.
oh ok thanks, was this private or through classes?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)