MX2 Exam Thoughts (1 Viewer)

HAX0R

HSC
Think I got 86-88 raw, anyone have any idea what that'd scale to? 96?

jacqt

HSC
Does anyone by any chance know how many marks were allocated to each part of each question in the paper?

HAX0R

HSC
How hard would people say this exam was relative to like previous years (2012,13 etc)? I found the past papers quite a lot easier but other people have said different things.

raghib483

HSC
I thought the exam was a pain in the arse, and that's what I've been hearing from most of my students too. Fat treks that chewed up way too much time, but lacking any singular question in the end that was profound/reflective of the richness of the course content

ugh. I expect it to be around high 60s-low 70s for the band 6 cutoff this year

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
How hard would people say this exam was relative to like previous years (2012,13 etc)? I found the past papers quite a lot easier but other people have said different things.
I found them easier (Except 2016 lmao, Q16 was not mine to achieve xD) so I would definitely say that this exam was harder. My friend and his tutoring friends have said it was way harder, also heard stories that "All the top Ruse kids lost at least 1-2 marks" not sure how legit that is but yeah, it definitely felt harder.

For me though, the difficulty purely stems from Q16, because Conics is my favourite topic so I was very happy to have it in Q14 and Q15 - That being said, I didn't get the probability or the whooole inequalities but everything else flowed out nicely in those qs.

JaxsenW

HSC
After looking over the paper and solutions, I'm looking at a range between 65-75 (depending on silly mistakes and marking criteria, etc.)

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to what these would align to...?

HSC
After looking over the paper and solutions, I'm looking at a range between 65-75 (depending on silly mistakes and marking criteria, etc.)

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to what these would align to...?
maybe anywhere between 86 and 92? just a guess

MinaSaw

HSC
Terry Lee usually does them very fast, but his website doesn't exist anymore for some reason. Anyone know why?
Otherwise, I think the BOS admins do one, but this may take a day or two since they take extra care in providing proper solutions.
Terry Lee retired; this year was his last class!

DrMoller

HSC
Have a few concerns.

- Did 2 graphs in HB pencil
- for arg(w/v) I wrote in tan inverse form and left it at that?
- also anyone get part i of last question of 16 (the poly one) and then not part ii. Cause everyones saying part i was tricker than ii, so I need someone to relate to who got i but not the 3 marker (ii). xd

after looking at solutions I should be able to get raw 80+ depending on whether I get marks for some of the 3 markers. (someone please enlighten me on what we reckon this is gonna align to :)

HSC
Have a few concerns.

- also anyone get part i of last question of 16 (the poly one) and then not part ii. Cause everyones saying part i was tricker than ii, so I need someone to relate to who got i but not the 3 marker (ii). xd

after looking at solutions I should be able to get raw 80+ depending on whether I get marks for some of the 3 markers. (someone please enlighten me on what we reckon this is gonna align to :)
- as long as they can see the graphs when they scan it but im not too sure
- i dont think the tan inverse form would be accepted but get a second opinion just in case
- i thought (ii) was trickier than (i)

im guessing an 80 may scale to anywhere between 93 and 96 but this could be wrong

Harold Last

HSC
It was a barstard.... How about the triangles on Question 16.... what a wraught.

Harold Last

HSC
Word got around also the Mathematics Advance Paper was hard also. I reckon the Government are raising the standards of High School education. Ever since Australia has been ranked quite poorly in the educational standards against other countries, I reckon the word is to raise the standard so children have to study more and not be in the mindset that minimal amount of study is going to see them through. Don't be surprised if the Mathematics Ext 1 paper is also difficult come this Tuesday.

JaxsenW

HSC
Have a few concerns.

I also left it in tan^-1 form :(
Pretty sure we will lose a mark... :/

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

jjuunnee

HSC
Have a few concerns.

i also drew all my graphs in pencil but the exam supervisor told us not to trace over them in pen... well if they don't show up after scanning then our whole school is fucked lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)