MX2 state ranks (1 Viewer)

Hi there444

HSC
oh wow that is god-like. but yeah time-limits, stress and exam pressure will bring that down.
Na mreditor can easily do that. You go to baulko right? I tried improving my time management since the first term so I have been able to improve with time management but stress is the concern bc you guys are gonna get an easy 99.95 but my english is dragging me down so I have to even it up with math bc I need atleast a 98.8 atar :(. I am currently sitting on mid 75 so I have to get better in physics as well.
got slapped by inequals in HY and blanked during assessment 3, forgot how to prove |PS - PS'| = 2a on a hyperbola, which cost me 3 marks
Got slapped? What school do you go to if you dont mind me assking? Damn must have been unlucky getting a mind blank- I used to get a lot in year 11 but I tried to improve conc and it worked.

aDimitri

i'm the cook
HSC
Na mreditor can easily do that. You go to baulko right? I tried improving my time management since the first term so I have been able to improve with time management but stress is the concern bc you guys are gonna get an easy 99.95 but my english is dragging me down so I have to even it up with math bc I need atleast a 98.8 atar :(. I am currently sitting on mid 75 so I have to get better in physics as well.

Got slapped? What school do you go to if you dont mind me assking? Damn must have been unlucky getting a mind blank- I used to get a lot in year 11 but I tried to improve conc and it worked.
got slapped as in got 1/8 (it wasn't hard either)
i go to penrith

mreditor16

HSC
Na mreditor can easily do that. You go to baulko right? I tried improving my time management since the first term so I have been able to improve with time management but stress is the concern bc you guys are gonna get an easy 99.95 but my english is dragging me down so I have to even it up with math bc I need atleast a 98.8 atar :(.

haha you make me laugh. I can easily get 95 raw for 4U in hsc, haha haha haha roflmao. good joke mate. anyway, my serious answer is that whatever school I go doesn't mean I have the ability to get a certain mark. they are independent of each other (not CSSA :p). and please don't say "you peeps easily gonna get .95", .95 is so hard and a lot of it at times comes down to luck. and please, a lot of people who are good / OP at maths do have English as their weakest subject, so you're not alone in that boat.

Hi there444

HSC
got slapped as in got 1/8 (it wasn't hard either)
i go to penrith
Oh sorry, I thought you literally got slapped. Sorry i am not that good at <Insert Technique>
haha you make me laugh. I can easily get 95 raw for 4U in hsc, haha haha haha roflmao. good joke mate. anyway, my serious answer is that whatever school I go doesn't mean I have the ability to get a certain mark. they are independent of each other (not CSSA :p). and please don't say "you peeps easily gonna get .95", .95 is so hard and a lot of it at times comes down to luck. and please, a lot of people who are good / OP at maths do have English as their weakest subject, so you're not alone in that boat.
I dont know man. You look like you have the capability to get a 99 for 4u and you need much less effort than others. I guess you are right about the school part though. Hahaha if there is a boat as such then you are on it, but I am at the shore which is no where near the boat. Mr. Editor but again, you do have the capability of getting a 99.95 and you dont even say 99.95 its just .95 or .90 hahahaha too good.

mreditor16

HSC
Oh sorry, I thought you literally got slapped. Sorry i am not that good at <Insert Technique>

I dont know man. You look like you have the capability to get a 99 for 4u and you need much less effort than others. I guess you are right about the school part though. Hahaha if there is a boat as such then you are on it, but I am at the shore which is no where near the boat. Mr. Editor but again, you do have the capability of getting a 99.95 and you dont even say 99.95 its just .95 or .90 hahahaha too good.
Lol man all my internals have been set as too easy compared to HSC, and that's allowed me to do well in internals. but my problem solving ability is not too good, and I've struggled immensely with so many past HSC Q8s, even when attempting it in the comfort of non-exam conditions at home.... so tbh aiming for 96 maybe 97, because that is more likely and more a reasonable goal for me. :D

haha thanks for those kind words. but as I said, 99.7+ comes down largely to performance on the day, luck, questions that may suit how you've learnt stuff and so on. so just aiming for 99.5+ and anything more will be a bonus :D

mreditor16

HSC
really? someone told you need 100 scaled mark for a state rank.. lol must be wrong. thanks for clearing it up.
maybe you might be meaning aligned mark, but bringing in the concept of scaling just screws everything up and overcomplicates things.

dw bout it anyway.

Hi there444

HSC
Lol man all my internals have been set as too easy compared to HSC, and that's allowed me to do well in internals. but my problem solving ability is not too good, and I've struggled immensely with so many past HSC Q8s, even when attempting it in the comfort of non-exam conditions at home.... so tbh aiming for 96 maybe 97, because that is more likely and more a reasonable goal for me. :D

haha thanks for those kind words. but as I said, 99.7+ comes down largely to performance on the day, luck, questions that may suit how you've learnt stuff and so on. so just aiming for 99.5+ and anything more will be a bonus :D
Well as long as you feel happy about your marks but if you aim for a 97, that will be too chilled for you. But lets just say with fingers crossed that there is not much probability because if there is *Rest in peace * me. :). But I guess you are right about the factors inc your mood on the day and all. Hahaha just wish me luck that I can make it into med.
Na all good I said what my instincts said but that is true about the factors.

Hi there444

HSC
aligned mark 99 is state rank
100 is first right? and then they look at your internals? Do they look at your internal ranks or marks for comparision? Just wondering. Not that I will get close but yeh just wondering?

Hi there444

HSC
maybe you might be meaning aligned mark, but bringing in the concept of scaling just screws everything up and overcomplicates things.

dw bout it anyway.
And I dont even know still what is the difference between scaling and aligning :( .

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
ask Sy123?
With 7th I got 99 in HSC but I don't know my actual raw mark, if its worth anything, after the exam I felt like I lost no marks, so I may have made a couple mistakes (i.e. 2-3 marks lost perhaps)

HSC
And I dont even know still what is the difference between scaling and aligning :( .
Scaling = ATAR.
Aligning = Band cutoffs.

For example, the raw mark cutoff for 4u maths has been around 65 every year. What that means, is that a raw mark of 65, would be a 90 HSC mark.
Now the bold part, replace it with "align to" and done. It just means what raw mark goes to what HSC MARK.

Hi there444

HSC
With 7th I got 99 in HSC but I don't know my actual raw mark, if its worth anything, after the exam I felt like I lost no marks, so I may have made a couple mistakes (i.e. 2-3 marks lost perhaps)
I see. What a beast/

aDimitri

i'm the cook
HSC
this is essentially what i was expecting to hear. cheers!

Luckytree

HSC
You might have to also consider the fact that last year's last question wasn't all too difficult compared to other years... So that could also have affected the cut off to being slightly higher?

HSC
You might have to also consider the fact that last year's last question wasn't all too difficult compared to other years... So that could also have affected the cut off to being slightly higher?
Probably by 1 or 2 max, the cut offs don't tend to increase or decrease dramatically. Imo, the last question, yes was not hard but then again, we are not representative of the entire 4u cohort. I mean on this thread, there is people like admitri, mreditor who are going to get 96+ in 4u, and then there is dunjaa who is probably going to state rank along with the glitteral girl.

BOS is really not indicative of the state's 4u cohort.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)