MY 2008 Major Artwork... (1 Viewer)

fadii

HSC
i think ive decided on what im doing for my major..
however my art teacher isnt a big fan of it !
I want to focus on the mass media and how it influences society. I want to use a mannequin to represent the people, and represent the media by using an old television which will be placed as a replacement of the head on the mannequin. On the body of the mannequin I was thinking of taking some photos of different things the media promotes or causes ( both positive and negative) and stick them onto the body..
its kinda hard to explain, but ive got it all drawn on paper and i think it looks pretty good.. but still confused.
Should I go on with this idea?
Has it been used before?
Any other suggestions??
Thanks a lot J

J.a.d.e :-)

Nom Cupcakes...!
HSC
My friend from last year did something like that.

She did how the Media wasn't giving her a voice etc, and she had photo's of herself with hands over her mouth and stuff..and a video of her talking, but with no sound It was really good and she go really good marks for it!

If it's something you really want to do then I say go for it!

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Sounds cliche but why not go for it? I'd suggest you investigate the issue more though... find some unique aspect to media's influence and focus on that... I mean, just general advice, but don't see it as an "artistic" investigation any more than an intellectual one.

Last edited:

BlytheChloe

HSC
Do what you want.

Art is subjective.

One of the art teachers "wasn't happy" with my work and gave me a shitty comments.

Now that my work's in ArtExpress, she's changed her mind. Bitch.

hpk

HSC
BlytheChloe said:
Do what you want.

Art is subjective.

One of the art teachers "wasn't happy" with my work and gave me a shitty comments.

Now that my work's in ArtExpress, she's changed her mind. Bitch.
Exact same thing happened to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)