My Booklets for two questions were mixed up!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Brightergull

HSC
Can someone please help me? I realised that during my ext2 maths exam I accidentally answered part of question 15 in my question 14 booklet because I was hyperventilating throughout. and so I wrote q 14 and 15 on the booklet cover while I continued with question 15 on the booklet afterwards. I asked the supervisor after the exam whether it's okay and she says that it is and that you can put the booklets for question 14 and 15 together when you leave. But dafuq...won't one of them end up going to the wrong marking centre?????
Plus at the same time i didn't even see the boxes at the bottom of each booklet asking us to tick them if we continued the question on another booklet.....do you guys think that would matter?? I think i made these mistakes because ext 2 was my first exam so i didn't get any instructions or something

iStudent

HSC
Oh dear I forgot to tick the boxes at the bottom too!!!! For mx1... I hope they figure it out by looking at the cover :/

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
They will most likely figure it out but contact them anyway.

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
i've answered questions like this before so stomething i said earlier to someone else

dw the BOS really wants you guys to succeed, otherwise it would be a huge embarrasement to everyone, the teacher teaching you, you, the school, and the BOS for a sucky education system. So they will go to alot of effort to try and give you marks!! like searching for lost papers, deciphering handwriting etc.
basically, they scan in the papers, and im guessing they email(?) them to markers, but it doesnt work in a way that one question is marked at one centre. its more like all the maths ex2 papers from your school will be sent to the SAME marking centre, and each marker will be allocated a question. If they see that something is up, like the q15 person is like 'hey! omg this guy just started the question from letter d! thats weird!' and the q14 person will be like - 'hey dude here it is i found something here that im not meant to mark!'. If you crossed something out, and it was actually right, then they still mark you right etc.

They really want you to succeed and they will go to great measures to try and figure out if anything is wrong/missing/unticked/bad handwriting etc.

The reason i know this is most of the teahers at my school did marking some time or another, and they tell us about the process. Also they say that if a band 6 comes along, they get really excited and happy, and then when they realise its a whole SCHOOL of band 6's they pretty much have a party, because they are pretty dismal when they get lots of under band 4s. hehehe

Brightergull

HSC
Thanks alot guys. Much appreciated. I understand exactly what you mean however i'll try to contact them anyway so i can sleep better at night. Lol.

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
Thanks alot guys. Much appreciated. I understand exactly what you mean however i'll try to contact them anyway so i can sleep better at night. Lol.
that's okay, we're happy to help :) calling them up is a great idea - just in case.
if someone you some good advice or help in any way, you can give rep(utation) just by clicking the little star at the bottom of the post! just a tip :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)