my dress dilemma (please help) (1 Viewer)

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
ok so heres the thing.

i have two dresses for my formal this week and i have to choose between them.

the first i had my heart set on for ages, its red and backless with a small train and modest neckline. the shape suits me but it shows every little bulge and crease. it is also a little too small and looks semi "strained". the colour suits me now that i have a little colour from schoolies :) but i dont like red and silver and the gold accessories i have tried on do not really suit my skin tone.

the second i bought today on sale from pilgrim. it is a sort of peacock-ish print turquoise white and chocolate print that i like. its a size 8 (the only size left ok, give me a break...) and fits ok but i have to hold in the tummy. its floor length, mermaid-ish style and suits the new alanna hill shoes i just bought in melb. i think i would have to keep the accessories simple as it is a print.

what do people think:

red satin slightly small siren
or
chiffon print / satin flowing mermaid?

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
I agree that it sounds like you've already decided on the turquoise, but it's impossible to tell without pictures. What shoes were you going to wear with the red?

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
PaleReflection said:
I agree that it sounds like you've already decided on the turquoise, but it's impossible to tell without pictures. What shoes were you going to wear with the red?
i would show pictures if i had a camera, but i dont.

i have gold mollini sandals from last season to go with the red dress. theyre nice and high. if i wore the red, id buy a medallion-like pendant in gold.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
the peacock turquoise one sounds better, but then again the red seems pretty hot too...personally i'd go with the second one though.

HSC
AlleyCat said:
ok so heres the thing.

i have two dresses for my formal this week and i have to choose between them.

the first i had my heart set on for ages, its red and backless with a small train and modest neckline. the shape suits me but it shows every little bulge and crease. it is also a little too small and looks semi "strained". the colour suits me now that i have a little colour from schoolies :) but i dont like red and silver and the gold accessories i have tried on do not really suit my skin tone.

the second i bought today on sale from pilgrim. it is a sort of peacock-ish print turquoise white and chocolate print that i like. its a size 8 (the only size left ok, give me a break...) and fits ok but i have to hold in the tummy. its floor length, mermaid-ish style and suits the new alanna hill shoes i just bought in melb. i think i would have to keep the accessories simple as it is a print.

what do people think:

red satin slightly small siren
or
chiffon print / satin flowing mermaid?
If it fits, go the red.

Fuck accessories, they're a distraction. Seriously, how many people will remember whether what bracelet you wore was gold or silver?

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
No dress that is too small ever looks good.

Go for a run and lose a kilo or two before the formal and then wear the red one.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Ms 12 said:
No dress that is too small ever looks good.

Go for a run and lose a kilo or two before the formal and then wear the red one.
ive tried! the dress is a small size 8 and i usually wear a size 10. i had lost weight and it was fitting quite well, but all that drinking on schoolies has reversed the process, and i only have 3 more days.

i am drinking loads of water and going for runs but at the moment the seams are seriously strained.

i do love it though, its like a dress and corset in one.

i had my makeup all planned for the red dress too.

...and no, for the umteenth time i do not have any photos!!!

bex

HSC
i say go the peacock with nanna pants.. they do the trick every time!

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
bex said:
i say go the peacock with nanna pants.. they do the trick every time!
hmm...i would, but the dress is slightly transluscent, and i am also taking an extra-hot guy to my formal with whom i am hoping to score... ;)

it seems like most people think the peacock. i myself change my mind every 5 mins or so...

bex

HSC
AlleyCat said:
hmm...i would, but the dress is slightly transluscent, and i am also taking an extra-hot guy to my formal with whom i am hoping to score... ;)

it seems like most people think the peacock. i myself change my mind every 5 mins or so...

well that definately changes everything! (unless your date has a thing for nanna pants a la bridget jones) hmmm go peacock.. just remember to stand tall, stomach in shoulders back chest out- instantly lose 3 kgs!

Always

HSC
I'd go with the red.

1. the colour suits you
2. will look great with gold (mollini) heels
3. sexier
4. more makeup options
5. simple, classic look you won't regret
6. it's RED!

The peacock dress sounds lovely though... Tough choice.

If you need to lose weight:

- eat nothing but RAW vegetables for the next 3 days. not recommended, but works if you're really desperate
- drink gallons of ICE-cold water with slices of lemon
- mix a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar into a glass of water - raises metabolism and burns fat pronto. Don't drink more than 2 tablespoons a day though, or you'll end up with a killer stomachache.
- go for a run every morning before you've eaten

It'll only be for 3 days, you can eat your heart out after the formal. :p

HSC
The thing i don't like about the peacock turquoisy dress is that it sounds too fashionable right now, and you had set your heart on the red one until you found out it didn't quite fit. You'll probably feel like a fashion victim if you look at the same dress next year

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
dont forget photos add pounds, if youre feeling big in the red dress youll look even bigger in photos and youll hate yourself afterwards. just wear what your comfy in, you wont really lose any size in 2 days. if it works with the dress (peacock one), maybe get one of those full torso bras, like a corsetty type thing, which will help hold ur tummy in and itll be slightly more attractive than grundies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)