• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

My Economics resources (1 Viewer)

ar3nbe

HSC
G'day all. im quite cheeful coz ive completed making all my notes up to date. Yay for me :D

My question is what do you think about my current economic resources (all textbooks at the moment).

I have both the Tim Riley and the Tim Dixon books, both latest editions. I much prefer to use the Riley, however there are times Dixon comes in handy. Do you think that this combination of books is sufficent enough to study from, or should i buy other books, (money is not a problem).

Also, i am looking into getting the Model anser series from Leading Edge. I have seen them and think they are quite good. Do you think that these books are worth it ?

Thankyou for your help

(this is similar to a chem thread i made earlier, and am about to post a similar thread for all my other subjects, i thank all of you for your help)

NoShadowKick

HSC
N/A
I reckon dixon follows the syllabus better. but seeing how you have both its all good! The model answers are quite good but maybe should ask around for them before you go and purchase them retail. does your teacher print any off? mayb you should ask.

want2beSMART

Artificial Happiness c[x
HSC
tim dixon was a student at my school, taught by the founder of creativeclassroom.com.au

he is the HOD of economics at my school

tim dixon is also the founder of leading edge

so you decide

roadcone

HSC
I also use both Riley and Dixon, suplemented with these great Updated Economics books by John Bulmer I think that I steal off closed reserve in the school library to get all the lastest figures

Mandy101

HSC
I use Riley, Dixon, Updated Economics (Bulmer), Model Answer Series, a whole pile of Leading Edge stuff a friend of mine gave me from all his workshops and the Success Package he did last year, also a bunch of handouts from my teacher which she regularly gives us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)