My essay was copied (1 Viewer)

james.lee51

HSC
Hey guys,
i just wanted to know what happens when someone else copies your notes for your essay and uses it. i specifically told her not to copy it multiple times, however she still copied it word for word without even telling me. Now I am in trouble, however I submitted evidence of texts of her asking me for the essay. I honestly don't know why she is jeopardising my hsc. So i was awarded zero but i appealed with all these forms of evidence.

Let me know what you guys think

idkkdi

HSC
Hey guys,
i just wanted to know what happens when someone else copies your notes for your essay and uses it. i specifically told her not to copy it multiple times, however she still copied it word for word without even telling me. Now I am in trouble, however I submitted evidence of texts of her asking me for the essay. I honestly don't know why she is jeopardising my hsc. So i was awarded zero but i appealed with all these forms of evidence.

Let me know what you guys think
appeal should go through if you have decent evidence.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm sorry to hear this is happening to you. I think that since you've provided evidence (such evidence should be convincing), your appeal will go through, as mentioned above.

If you can help a classmate, definitely do so. You can help by providing guidance and ideas. However, don't send draft/finished essays/notes to anyone but your teacher to avoid such risks.

I believe you can also use things like first modification date for Word documents and version history for Google Docs as evidence that the essay is indeed yours as the original document has been created by you well before she copied your notes/essay.

Last edited:

james.lee51

HSC
I'm sorry to hear this is happening to you. I think that since you've provided evidence (such evidence should be convincing), your appeal will go through, as mentioned above.

If you can help a classmate, definitely do so. You can help by providing guidance and ideas. However, don't send draft/finished essays to anyone but your teacher to avoid such risks.

You can also use things like first modification date for Word documents and version history for Google Docs as evidence that the essay is indeed yours as the original document has been created by you well before she copied your essay.
it wasn't an actual essay. it was just my essay decomposed into dot points, quotes, etc

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
50 to 60% was copied from me. Like she copied many lines word for word and some lines she just used synonyms.
Yeah that's still pretty high.

I hope it all works out for you in the end, which, given the evidence you've already provided and the other (technological) evidence you can provide, I believe it will. 🙏

idkkdi

HSC
nah bro I checked her essay against mine. it was dedass 50%
yikes. that seems a bit bs to call a 0 mark.

for your own good, plz make ur username less easy to identify for your triggered teachers if they look at forums like this lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)