My exam is longer than yours. (1 Viewer)

em_516

bludging..
HSC
blue_chameleon said:
Anywon done Psyc hear?
One of my mates does Psych. Strict.As.Fuck.

What history course are you gonna do? And which language did you end up choosing?

Matt, are you finished next year?

em_516

bludging..
HSC
The_highwayman said:
Yesh!

But unfortunately, biomed on it's own gets u approximately nothing, career wise.
Well, last I heard Eden was going for a job following on from a project he had at uni. I think it was part of your degree rather than extra-curricular, so maybe you could try the same thing when you do the project :)

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
em_516 said:
One of my mates does Psych. Strict.As.Fuck.

What history course are you gonna do? And which language did you end up choosing?

Matt, are you finished next year?
For Sem1 i'm doing:

JAPN2410 Japanese Society and the World
PSYC1030 General Psychology
ACFI3010 Financial Accounting Theory
HIST1070 The World in the 20th Century

(Plus, maybe CHIN1110 Elementary Chinese I) But that course is damn challenging i've heard. So that's why i've put in a foreign-country specific history course (JAPN), because I'm not confident with the workload for languages.

For Chinese, there are classes over 3 days. Might throw it in and go to classes for the first week then make my decision. If I like it, i'll drop the JAPN course.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Haha I was totally gonna do that JAPN class once for an elective.
Ended up going with LING though :eek:

blue_chameleon

HSC
em_516 said:
Haha I was totally gonna do that JAPN class once for an elective.
Ended up going with LING though :eek:
What was LING like?

Easy?

em_516

bludging..
HSC
katie tully said:
omg hate yr guts heaps

C
C
D

for me :(
Sif that's awful. That's what I got :(

Chris, depends on what LING you do and probably how much you care haha, but yeh, pretty piss easy. I did one where the entire thing, assessments and exam, was m/c, and I just teamed up with a bunch of other kids and we worked out the answers between us and shit.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Shakugan said:
I have just completed my first year of electrical engineering.

My results for the year. I'm stoked I managed the 90 in GENG1803, what a terrible subject.

ELEC1300: 93
ELEC1700: 96
GENG1803: 90
MATH1210: 92
MATH1220: 93
PHYS1210: 90
PHYS1220: 92
SENG1110: 95
Wow, I'm jealous. My first year doing those courses, consisted of a 50,51 and 52.

Actually now I think of it, I'll be doing a course with you next semester!

blue_chameleon

HSC
~untitled~ said:
Ive done some psyc
Which course did you take, and how did you find it?

Em: Lol. What did you end up getting for the mark in the LING course with m/c exam and assessments.

The JAPN course i'm doing only has two essays worth 50% each. I'm a little worried on the expectations of the essays, but i'll probly smash it. :pirate:

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
3unitz said:
you do telecommunications yeah? which one + thoughts on the others:

ELEC2131 Sensors and Machines
ELEC2320 Electrical Circuits
MATH2310 Calculus of Science and Engineering
PHYS2170 Quantum Mechanics and Semiconductor Physics

looking forward to the math and physics but elec2320 sounds a lot harder than 1300 :/ any idea on the fail rate?
The phys and 2320.

Phys is bullshit hard when I did it first time around, but they've changed the course since then. The elec part labs were shit because half of the transistors and diodes they use are busted. Hell, I blow up a couple of them myself each time. The phys computer simulations are boring and I'm not looking forward to those. Mainly because the guy that runs it also taught phys3500, so it will be embarassing to pass a course twice as hard and then come back.

2320 is a lot more interesting than 1300, but yeah harder. One of the labs is like "you have these inductors/caps, design a filter for this frequency and show it works". Those labs are annoying cause they use speakers as a load. If you did well in 1300 though, you'll do well here, cause it's basically just more of the same.

I don't have to do 2131, and maths is more of the same. You do maths with some other disciplines like civil, so enjoy it cause it's the last time in your degree you will have girls in a class.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)