My fears about the HSC... (1 Viewer)

tennille

HSC
melsc said:
1. I wont get the UAI I need
2. I will be very dissapointed with my marks when I log in to the site
3. i will have studied no where near enough compared to everyone else
4. I will open the paper and there will be something I dont know at all maybe even an extended response (Can happen, happened to me in skool C trial)
5. I will miss a question (did it in the half yearlies)
6. I will freak out during an exam
7. I will be unable to talk in my speaking exams
8. I will forget everything in the exam
9. I will misread the timetable and be late/miss an exam
10. I will be ill during the exam period
11. I will regret all the bluging I have done this year
12. I wont be prepared at all
The HSC seems like a lot of work but you have to realise it is not everything (you really only realise this after the HSC exams). You'll go through a phase during the exams where you'll think "I don't give a crap what I get, I just want these exams to finish!".

Do you want to go to uni? If you don't get the UAI you need to get into your first preference, DON'T change your preferences around. Leave them. Many uni's increase their cut-offs just for competition. I didn't make the cut-off for my course (in fact, it supposedly went up), but I still got accepted in the main round. I know someone who got about 5 points below the cut-off and still got into it as well.

Good luck.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
Well my theory is:

Set really really REALLY low standards for yourself, and ridiculously easy goals. That way, you wont be bitterly disappointed when you get your marks, coz they will be super high, to what you made yourself believe them to be.

jess_r_2005

HSC
goan_crazy said:
thanks 4 those words of encouragement Jess_r_2005~ :)
Well ur very welcome goan_crazy cause i just take verything as it comes and im kinda nearly coming last in a couple of my subjects...

I HATE YEAR 12 AND IT REALLY REALLY SUX!!!!!

girlofprey

I am more the type to wish everybody else to do badly, so my uai is boosted, but then again i have very little chance of getting my goal

Pace_T

HSC
girlofprey said:
I am more the type to wish everybody else to do badly, so my uai is boosted, but then again i have very little chance of getting my goal
I want you to go badly because you're not going to achieve your goal anyway. So why don't I just get that 0.00001 extra UAI points off you. Who cares if it rounds off to nothing, as long as it came from people like you I'm happy.

tennille

HSC
jess_r_2005 said:
Well ur very welcome goan_crazy cause i just take verything as it comes and im kinda nearly coming last in a couple of my subjects...

I HATE YEAR 12 AND IT REALLY REALLY SUX!!!!!
Year 12 isn't that bad. I mean, the work sucks, but the school environment was great.

Pace_T

HSC
The school environment is better in year 11.
In year 12 you have to buckle down and try not to get suspended.
Ahh well at least you know it's nearly finished. It's totally worth it.

tennille

HSC
Pace_T said:
The school environment is better in year 11.
In year 12 you have to buckle down and try not to get suspended.
Ahh well at least you know it's nearly finished. It's totally worth it.
It's not that hard to not get suspended :p. By year 12 I developed a good relationship with teachers. They all knew I was (am) a goody-goody :p

Pace_T

HSC
Tennille said:
It's not that hard to not get suspended :p. By year 12 I developed a good relationship with teachers. They all knew I was (am) a goody-goody :p

Yeah for some reason I have a good relationship with teachers too. They let me do all the bad stuff in class. When others do it (eg the "dumber" people in our class) they usually get seriously told off.
There's a close link between students' performance and the attitude the teachers have towards them.
Like I was dumb in year 11 and I was in the principals office almost every day lol. Now they give you so much respect in year 12. Like they trust you to do stuff for them. Like for once we were trusted to move these gigantic special framed paintings on some material from visual arts. But we still held them up and smashed them into each others heads, making holes in them :p

Year 12 is so fun. All the respect and trust. I don't want it to end (except for the work part :D)

i hope that cheered ppl up that are getting too caught up in this thread's topic :p

Pace_T

HSC
damnation said:
hey, don't mock the threads topic! :p
*sigh* trials tomorrow *whinges*
I wish you the best of luck!
(not! FAIL!!!!!) kidding
Seriously though, you'll do well for sure. Nothing to whinge about. You should be looking forward to them :p

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
all the teachers begin to communicate with you. you can ac tually bgein to get on a level ground with your teachers. i guess it becomes easier to ge tthrough the year.

jess_r_2005

HSC
well whether u spent most of yr 11 in your principal's office for all the bad reasons then wasnt that tellig u sumthing?? tten when u hit yr 12 u need to change ur attitude towards skool just a little bit?? yeah u get shown heaps more respect wen ur in yr 12 not just by ur principal but all the teachers as well. i missed 2 weeks in term 1 this yr cause i was ion broken hill and didnt get the full 2 weeks notice for an assessment, but my principal helped me and its not whether u like or dislike ur principal its htey like u cause they can see all the positives in u.

monique66

Pace_T said:
I wish you the best of luck!
(not! FAIL!!!!!) kidding
Seriously though, you'll do well for sure. Nothing to whinge about. You should be looking forward to them :p
looking forward to trials? mwahaha..you have to be kidding right?
Actually just had english yesterday, wasn't that bad...next week i have 4 exams in a row
:S

kim_

How come people are already having there trials????? Ours are in week 3 of next term...who else has their trials this term or has already had their trials????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)