My final guide to subject selections (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

coroneos

Okay. Here are my final comments/suggestions for year 11 subject selections:

I'll give you 2 IMPORTANT tips that could change your potential UAI from 65 to high 90's.

1. Do not pick subjects that you think are high scaling just because of that reason.

If you pick easier subjects, you spend comparatively less time to get a comparatively similiar mark to what you would have got - had you spent more time on a harder subject.

2. Do not do more than 10 units

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
1. You'll be advantaged most by the scaling system if you choose courses that are appropriate to your level - i.e. doing the highest that you are capable of. It helps if you enjoy them too (because that'll allow you to do better).

2. It's compulsory for students to take at least 12 units in Year 11. :p

People, be wary of listening to coroneos, okay? :D

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Choose them on your interests. coroneos obviously isnt a science person but rather a humanities person. anyone who is taking any of the advice we are dishing out take into accout the good points and bad points we listed but don't do it just because one person says its shit. if YOU think that YOU will enjoy it chose it its YOUR HSC no one elses (ahhh fuck i sound like a teacher, sorry peoples). so all the best for your subjects for next year cause you probley have already chosen them. so yeah good luck :)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah if you do 10 units then you have to be worried if you're failing one - i do not recommend

listen to lazarus, coroneous just doesn't want any competition :p

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
My one piece of advice for subject choices is, dont pick a 2unit subject on the pretense that your going to drop it at the end of year 11. If you end up hating another subject your stuck with one of them for 2 years and it will count towards your hsc.

Giant Lobster

HSC
haha on the contrary
i chose ipt cos i took a look at the other subjects i was gonna do, took a look at myself, worked out how stressed i wud be, and decided that ipt wud provide me with much needed bludge :p ipt aka recess extension. planned to drop ipt on day one, plan working so far.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
True but not all people are so confident they will like Physics etc, and therefore should pick subjects they like. It's always depressing to see a smart person doing a bludge subject like IPT it's a waste of time using school computers. So much more could be done with that 2Gb/second connection *drools*

Giant Lobster

HSC
hehe nah the school comps have their good points. its my main excuse for not doing any work :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)