My formal shoes hurt my feet (1 Viewer)

*Lozzie*

HSC
who else suffered on their formal night????

my feet were KILLING ME as soon as i got out of the car then we had a million photos so i had to keep them on for that then we had to wait backstage so we could walk across the stage and down the stairs (which i actually nearly fell down so not cool) i only got to take them off when we started dancing at about 9.30 because my feet were really hurting and after a couple of drinks i wasnt too steady on my feet :eek:

even now my feet are still hurting ( our formal was last night)

so what are other peoples experiences???

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I've bought heels that don't hurt at all...

Few hundred dollars though...:p

(the only heels I own that don't hurt)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Yeah heels tend to be cruel to feet. Mine weren't too bad. I've just had minor blisters from formal shoes (but I'm currently on crutches from a foot ligament injury sustained on wedges yesterday. I have to tell everyone on BoS)

Lori.

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
I've bought heels that don't hurt at all...

Few hundred dollars though...:p

(the only heels I own that don't hurt)
:O me wantee!

My formal shoes werent that bad, but I took precautions and stuck those jelly cushions inside them; I had two in each, which ended up costing me around $25 :/ And they ended up sort of disintegrating and stuck to my feet rather than the shoes!

karoooh

HSC
My feet only started hurting as I went to say 'bye' to everyone; towards the end of the formal, so I ran out with another friend, took em off and stuck bandaids on. We felt fine again! :p

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
omg my shoes hurt so much, lol. it was probably my own fault...i reaaaally wanted these shoes but i had to get a size six...im normally a seven ,but the 7 in these shoes was too big... but the 6 was *slightly* too small, like not a big deal, but just a teeny bit on the tight side...they didnt have any half sizes. anyway, stupid me thinks oh well, its just one night, how much could it hurt...HAH! An hour into the formal and i was looking for any reason to take them off...i kicked them off during dinner, went barefoot dancing...actually i only wore them when i had to give a speech and when i had to walk on the dirt/grass. and even just wearing them for what, maybe 2 hours tops, hurt like hell. plus they had 4 inch heels which im not used to, lol.

*hopeful*

HSC
all my shoes (heels) hurt all the time, you kinda get used to it :eek:

are those jelly cushion things effective ? cause i got a pair but keep forgetting to put em in

roadcone

HSC
i've never used the jelly cushion things but from all accounts they are ineffective and tend not to work.

helmut

HSC
*Lozzie* said:
and after a couple of drinks i wasnt too steady on my feet :eek:
alcoholic drinks at a formal?
dang. and there we were making use of helium balloons.

if they start to hurt and its the beginning DO NOT COMFORT THEM if you know you will eventually have to put them back on and walk somewhere for an extended period of time. the comparison is too painful and its better just to deal with it. if all else fails find a hansome young man to sweep you up off your feet, carry all your stuff and listen to you rant about your sore feet.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
at least half of my grade took them off when we were dancing. i probably slipped them off during dinner too...yay for slip-on heels

i think the idea is to get comfy (or fairly comfy) shoes, that arent 5 inches high. all of mine are fairly low, but my feet still hurt by the end of the day/night. inner soles/other padding may help, but getting shoes which are comfy from the first day will always be your best bet.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
wow I didn't realise so many people had painful heels.

all my heels are pretty comfy, I guess it's the height that's worse but i wear heels to work a lot so I'm used to it.

I kept my heels on for eight hours straight one formal. I think alcohol helped detract from any pain too.

Skeeta

HSC
yeah i've never had ache-y feet from heels. Like... I probably would have rather worn thongs, but whoa..

Rinni

HSC
I'm usually pretty good with heals, but my formal heals killed...I think that may have been partly because I worked that morning (checkout chick so on my feet the whole time) so I kicked mine off at the same time as Lozzie

Sam.

bored.
HSC
The only times I've ever worn heels have been at my formals, so my feet curl over and die from shock every time. That said, there was very little dancing out our formal this year, which made for an extremely boring night, but my feet thanked me. They're my only pair of heels as well and I've used the same pair every year, so I've worn them in enough to avoid blisters and stuff.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
oh god girls, come on! they're just heels!

i'm betting you don't walk in them much at all then wear towering stilettos once and swear off them.

I wear 7cm heels to work and so those towering stilettos are easy to take. You just need to work your way up and wear them more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)