My friend has stuffed up his hsc lol (1 Viewer)

lazera1

compfreak
HSC
My friend has stuffed up his hsc lol, he stuffed up so bad he wanted to disappear for the rest of his life. He done the imaginative journeys question about the " more than anything else journesy are about the process of speculation. (section 3). He said he knew nothing about it and i suppose he really wrote nothing on his exam booklet. I saw the examiner looking at his exam paper and asked loudly - " why is your exam paper empty?
he replied : i don't understand the question so i didnt attempt it.

everyone looked in shock and horror and as well as the empty blue slip.
he gave up.
he now has no chance of getting into uni.

chrismerjane

HSC
ouch.... thats gotta hurt....

lol if it was me i would of still jotted down wateva i know, even if it means not answering the question or writing in dot points, at least ill still get a few marks...

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
Maybe if he tries harder in other exams. Tell him not to worry, there were people in my grade who wrote for about one hour altogether and spent the last hour reading over their answers or just siiting there staring into space. But he really shouldn't do that in any other exam or he will have totally screwed up his UAI.
I did all questions and will probably get 20/45, so if he did okay in the first 2 sections he will still go better than others.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
wait wait....

that was only one section of one exam for english right?

so he screwd up his AoS paper...he might just pass or maybe even fail that paper, but there's still paper 2!

not to mention that his internal assesments will help stablisie it
as well as 8 whole other units!
right???

so his uai is probly affected quite largely by it....but unless he needs a really high uai to get into the course he wants, i'm sure he can still get into uni.

if he's done well throughout the year and he does well in his next exams i think he can still get a decent uai.

tell him that! if he gives up he will screw it up even more....he still has a decent chance he just has to give it his best shot.

wish him all the best! :)

barrel_roll

Harmonic Dissonance
HSC
It doesn't matter as long as they go above average in the other subjects...
I input '50' for english in SAM...and still managed to get a 93+ uai just to see what would happen if i completely stuffed up

cbadvanced

Air Wick
HSC
Sleiphnir said:
I don't mean to be insensitive - but is this the same guy who you posted about attempting suicide or another one?
holy crap it is!
dont post 2 threads about the same subject...........

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
I know a girl who got ZERO on one of her English papers because it was considered a Non-Attempt. (She was a smart girl, but the nerves got to her and she froze, so she jotted down her notes instead of actually answering the question - the examiner took it as a non attempt)

But she still managed to get a UAI of 88.

purplepixie

HSC
He should have known to at least write something down.
I'm not even sure if I understood the question but I still managed to write a good 7-8 pages for that section.
And there's always the other english paper, and the other exams.

vacant

HSC
To be honest there is way too much unnecessary pressure to perform for HSC. There are so many other options, it may be a more direct way to get into uni but it is by no means the only way to get in. I only moved over here this year and because of my previous subject choices the only subjects I could take leave me without a UAI so logically I have looked for alternative ways to get into uni and there are so many more than one would think. Everyone seems to think their mark is the be all and end all, whereas in reality it is more just a tool to help you on your way. Im hungover and forget where this post is going so I'll stop now

oscar1988

HSC
i fucked up. i wrote 7 pages on the physical journey essay but rang out of time 4 the imagenary story and did a non attempt.. i suck

oscar1988

HSC
i fucked up. i wrote 7 pages on the physical journey essay but rang out of time 4 the imagenary story and did a non attempt.. i suck

vacant

HSC
To be honest there is way too much unnecessary pressure to perform for HSC. There are so many other options, it may be a more direct way to get into uni but it is by no means the only way to get in. I only moved over here this year and because of my previous subject choices the only subjects I could take leave me without a UAI so logically I have looked for alternative ways to get into uni and there are so many more than one would think. Everyone seems to think their mark is the be all and end all, whereas in reality it is more just a tool to help you on your way. Im hungover and forget where this post is going so I'll stop now

schmoph

HSC
oscar1988 said:

wait, u wrote for the PHYSICAL question AND imagenary question.. what the?? or do you mean the creative writing section???????

im fucked for moduals btw!

klaw

HSC
lazera1 said:
My friend has stuffed up his hsc lol, he stuffed up so bad he wanted to disappear for the rest of his life. He done the imaginative journeys question about the " more than anything else journesy are about the process of speculation. (section 3). He said he knew nothing about it and i suppose he really wrote nothing on his exam booklet. I saw the examiner looking at his exam paper and asked loudly - " why is your exam paper empty?

he gave up.
It isn't a big deal. Even if you screw your HSC up this year, there are still many alternative options of getting into your desired uni, check http://community.boredofstudies.org...-pathways-your-desired-university-degree.html for more details. That being said, one section of an exam isn't enough to completely screw your HSC up.

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
lazera1 said:

he gave up.
He could still make it up with the rest of his exams :uhhuh: It really sucks that now he's bound to feel depressed about his HSC, but tell him that it's best to pretend it never happened since he can't do anything about it now anyway, just concentrate on the other exams and don't let it affect his performance. I wish him the best of luck :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)