My great plan! (1 Viewer)

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
That's right, I have a plan!

I'm over crunching the numbers and converting cashflows between present and future values, just over it.

So, as i'm coming back next year, and have 1/2 subjects per semester to fill, I want to branch out and do something different!

What's that you say, take a language? Hai, so des ne!

Toss up between beginners Japanese and Mandarin. I'm torn. The gf is from malaysia, hence she knows Mandarin pretty well and could help me, but it's freaking hard! On the other hand, I have a few Jap friends at uni that could help me with Japanese, and I know some of the basic spoken language anyway. It's a bit easier too (I think).

I know you guys prob haven't done either, but any frens that may know?

Nobody does Arts (major in Language) here, do they?

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Japanese is easy.
Try Mandarin! Score gf points and learn something that many don't know!
My bestie's sister's bf (agh..) is from China and they went last year and she learnt some through getting her bf to help and reading a language dictionary. I haven't heard her but my mate reckons she knows a decent amount so it's obviously doable.

Edit: Plus, what language does Wayne speak to Cassandra in Wayne's World? Coz that was awesome :D

PS. Is this such a great idea? I shat away my electives with linguistics, and while I enjoyed them, in hindsight I really shouldn't have, oops!

Last edited:

blue_chameleon

HSC
cannibal.horse said:
Curious, weren't you heading down to melbourne to find a job?
Now its next year buddy.

I didn't apply for any grad jobs for 2009. Will apply next year.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
pics of the gf!

srs reply: don't do a language. It is too much work and you will hate it. If you want to learn a language, buy a book to teach yourself or take some classes outside of uni.

Do something that has less work that you will enjoy.

blue_chameleon

HSC
jumb said:
pics of the gf!

srs reply: don't do a language. It is too much work and you will hate it. If you want to learn a language, buy a book to teach yourself or take some classes outside of uni.

Do something that has less work that you will enjoy.
Yeah, I was thinking that too. I've also been thinking of taking up a aus political history subject, bcos i'm interested in finding out more details about our political history. I'm staying clear of political theory though, thanks to advice from a friend.

I don't know hey. I blitzed design subjects through my HSC (lol, im doing accounting and finance), so I might look at that too. Just something that doesn't have too much work.

Hey, I totally don't get how i'm uploading photos?

Where do I get the URL of images?

Yeah. I know.

~untitled~

HSC
Do something you can pass in easy, make the most of not being force-fed subjects.

Do something philosophy-ish. If you want to learn french i have a computer tutor you could probably manage to burn.

Given that i only get like a couple of electives i recon ill do like beginners keyboard :p, though i would pretty much deserve to die if i failed. And auslan, that would be pretty good. Pft, sif do stroke recovery and stuff that will actually help job prospects.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Ooh I considered Auslan! But there were other ling subjects I wanted to do more :eek:
James is prolly right. A few of my friends did French at uni and said it was a bit full on. Even though it's for beginners, you had to be quick to learn I think.

You could consider tafe for a language. I did Spanish a few years ago. Cept it was a waste because I forgot it all :( Gotta do something about that again after the exams. Also, Sandie, what's the French thing you have? I'd like to learn some French too, what with the sister-in-law-to-be :D

~untitled~

HSC
em_516 said:
Ooh I considered Auslan! But there were other ling subjects I wanted to do more :eek:
James is prolly right. A few of my friends did French at uni and said it was a bit full on. Even though it's for beginners, you had to be quick to learn I think.

You could consider tafe for a language. I did Spanish a few years ago. Cept it was a waste because I forgot it all :( Gotta do something about that again after the exams. Also, Sandie, what's the French thing you have? I'd like to learn some French too, what with the sister-in-law-to-be :D
It's the eureka "let's learn French" computer thingy. It does lessons and then tests you on vocab, listening skills and has a voice analysis thing and somehow manages to assess pronunciation.

<3 French.

blue_chameleon

HSC
~untitled~ said:
It's the eureka "let's learn French" computer thingy. It does lessons and then tests you on vocab, listening skills and has a voice analysis thing and somehow manages to assess pronunciation.

<3 French.
sacre bleu!

:idea:

That's French, amirite?

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
em_516 said:

That's the other problem with learning languages, you forget them if you don't exercise it. Although, it's probably going to be less of a problem if you use it to talk dirty to the missus.

I started to teach myself spanish a while ago, but I've forgotten most of it because the only chance to use it was when I watched the Spanish news on SBS.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Oh good job man, I didn't know that!
I'm planning to re-teach myself now I'm done :eek: haha. Be my Spanish buddy! *run away now*

blue_chameleon

HSC
The_highwayman said:
Oi emily,
What happened on Saturday?
Fill me in with a few details so I can make up the rest and finally form the conclusion that ur all having illicit sex affairs.
There was one guy and five girls.

*Insert Quagmire*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)