• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

My half yearlies: Post yours.. (1 Viewer)

HSC
different questions? surely you can't compare results from two different exams, although i suppose there was a bit of a difference between 1st and 2nd anyway, so i guess it wouldnt perhaps of mattered, but still...

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
what a short exam??
only 3 questions?

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Yeah, our school is a bit retarded when it comes to the HSC. We don't do anything longer than an hour long exam until our trials at which point we are thrown into it. So that's all we had: 3 questions, one hour.

HayleeKate

HSC
haboozin said:
anyone want the answers posted??

or even worse... my answers (i doubt anyone would want that... 2 * 8 paged hsc booklets...poorly written and not all correct +bad handwriting + i scribble (especially in Q1)

hhtt hhmm!

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
I go the half yealy on wednesday, and its 1.5 hours, instead of 2. Complex numbers (again) and conics (again) + harder 3u with induction, trig, circle geo, permus/combos.

Should be interesting...

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
HayleeKate said:
hhtt hhmm!
haha sorry
i'll post it tonight

i couldn't be bothered before...
I'll post the 3 n 4unit tonight..

rachey_poo

HSC
My Ext 2 half yearly

Ive read through all of the posts in this topic and jeez our class must be behind?!?!? or we're doing topics in a different order??
My Ext 2 class consists of me and one other student....if it wasnt for our teacher there wouldnt be a class as we have both tried to drop, and then been convinced otherwise....last year's ext 2 class consisted of my friend kaz...and that's all...she was in yr 11..and scored 90 for it..and 95 for 3unit...shes nuts...
Our exam was on complex numbers, ellipses/hyperbolas, and induction....
i gots 56.5/72 which = 77%....which i must say i was thrilled with seeing as i told my teacher prior to the exam that i knew nothing and would be dropping it afterwards...lol...i should have got 61.5 if i had have done a 6 mark question which i realised i knew how to do AFTER the exam...grr
the other guy got 65.5/72 which = 90%

How does everyone have classes of like 20, and 50 even???? how many do ext 1??? we have 12 doing ext 1. and im the only one doing ext 2. The other guy in my class is in yr 11, and did mathematics and ext 1 last year and got 95 and 93 respectively....

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Selective schools ----> extension courses are much more popular as well as being much more viable, with the latter point being somewhat debatable.

HayleeKate

HSC
my school only has 15 doing ext 1 [we started with 25] and only 5 doing ext2 [started with 9] I go to a selective but public school, my old school [for up to year 10] doesnt even have a ext2 class, and theres only about 5 doing ext1, all of whom are failing terribly, so you're not that abnormal!

HayleeKate

HSC
haboozin said:
haha sorry
i'll post it tonight

i couldn't be bothered before...
I'll post the 3 n 4unit tonight..
hhtt hhmm!

On the 9th of May, when you said 'I'll post it tonight' what exactly did you mean?
lol, I'm sure youve been far too busy concentrating on your own HSC to be worried about mine, fair enough, I would be too, but I cant do Question 1 b ii, want to double check Question 3 b [I got it, but its my worst question type so want to double check] and Question 3 c ii I can prove it easy enough, just dont know what is expected for what is the signifcance of the results. All else is sin promblemas, so if you couldnt be B compressing and posting the whole answers cant you just tell me those?

Does anyone need answers to my exam? If so they have to help me get the tangible piece of paper in my hand into somehow something small enough that I can post because I struggle with computer literacy, particularly high tech functions such as this.

I'm making this post to bring this forum back up to the top of the list in the hope that punks will stop creating their own half yearly threads. /rant.

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
hey,
i cant find the answer...
alot has happened this week - lots of personal stuff which has made me unable to go on net net etc..
anyways...
do u want the answers i did during the test
they r only 86% correct
i also have very bad handwriting and my diagrams r crap.

HayleeKate

HSC
i dont mind, its alright, you could just post the answers to those questions, theyre only 1 markers so should be easier to type than post an attachment, i can wait though, I might ask my teacher about them

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
hey, i dont really want to take my writing booklet apart, if u cant do any of the questions just post the ones u cant do and i will write a solution for em..
If i dont im sure Slide_Rule will......

HayleeKate

HSC
HayleeKate said:
I cant do Question 1 b ii, want to double check Question 3 b [I got it, but its my worst question type so want to double check] and Question 3 c ii I can prove it easy enough, just dont know what is expected for what is the signifcance of the results. All else is sin promblemas.
dont worry about question 3 b, theyre graphs of locus, i did them just wanted to be sure cos i suck at locus and graphing complex equations, i got a answer which is a marked improvement for this question style.
Question 3 c ii.. what is the significance of these results? i just dont know whats expected.
Question 1 b ii.. dont really know how where to start or what.

SLIDE! ANSWERS PLEASE! its only 1 mark each for 2 q's.. im sure you can handle it, even if you did get only 63% [lol]

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
HayleeKate said:
dont worry about question 3 b, theyre graphs of locus, i did them just wanted to be sure cos i suck at locus and graphing complex equations, i got a answer which is a marked improvement for this question style.
Question 3 c ii.. what is the significance of these results? i just dont know whats expected.
Question 1 b ii.. dont really know how where to start or what.

SLIDE! ANSWERS PLEASE! its only 1 mark each for 2 q's.. im sure you can handle it, even if you did get only 63% [lol]

Q3cii:

I had no idea, i just wrote: to find the produce of the 2 and got full marks :s

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I cant do Question 1 b ii, want to double check Question 3 b [I got it, but its my worst question type so want to double check] and Question 3 c ii I can prove it easy enough, just dont know what is expected for what is the signifcance of the results.
Q1) b) ii)
Vectors: b-i and b+i, but b=2+3i, so vectors: 2+2i and 2+4i.
In other words, it wants the angle between the two lines:
y-2=x-2 --> y=x, and
y-4=2x-4 --> y=2x

Q3) b) x^2+y^2=x+yi+x-yi=2x --> x^2-2x+y^2=0 --> (x-1)^2+y^2=1
A circle of radius 1 and centre (1,0)

Q3) c) ii
At a glance, the obvious significance is the multiplication of two complex numbers in mod-arg form.

HayleeKate

HSC
Thanks haboozin and Slide!
Q1 b ii...i like, forgot that at the top it said b=2+3i, and thought i had to do it with the unknown b-1 and b-i.. i can do it now!
Q3 b.. got it correct, thanks for the confirmation.
Q3 c ii.. if thats all i need to write its sweet.

THANK YOU MUCHLY!

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
Well our half yearly was the hardest shit i have ever seen. The average was 26/60, top mark was 38/60 and standard deviation was very low (10%). I thought i really screwed the exam but I got 29 so i am very happy. 60% more assessment to go (including trials) for 4u, I am definitely going to cane these ones!!! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)