• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

My idea for History extension - would it be possible? (1 Viewer)

HSC
For History extension I was thniking of doing causes for the breakup of the beatles

/ Was it X factor that was the main reason for the beatles breaking up or something.

Although unconventional HE is my 11th unit and feel I'd rather do something that may be more interesting than English king X or historic event Y

nik93

HSC
I like your style lol. What did your teacher say about that topic out of curiosity?
I know what you mean though. It seems like alot of people choose topics they think are 'extension-ish' but not really something they enjoy. If you think theres enough debate about it and you could find enough sources.. I suppose you would have to use music historians and media commentators instead of traditional historians. Someone at my school one year did the history of our town, which is pretty unconventional.. its not even a debate.. and she got good marks. Our teacher said it was because of all the research she put into it.

Anyway, this is purely my opinion and it doesn't really mean that much lol. This just interests me heaps :)
Goodluck!

kcqn93

HSC
that sounds fun

but then it's pretty unconventional.. not sure if its a good thing or bad

if your teachers approve and cant muster up all the historiography issues, sources and what not, you should really do it

i'm stuck reading endless amounts of chunky books... no fun :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)