My iTunes is not working. (1 Viewer)

asdfqwerty

HSC
I was syncing my iPhone yesterday and I tripped on one of the cords which made my comp. shut down while my iPhone was still syncing. Since then, every time I open iTunes it says 'A program has prevented iTunes from working correctly. Windows will close it down and notify if there are solutions' or something a long the line.

I've tried re-installing it and it is still not working.

Is there a way to fix this? I really need my iTunes.

Thanks.

na110793

HSC
Try a system restore. If that fails, you may need to re-install Windows OS (if you desperately need iTunes that badly). An alternative to iTunes which works with iOS devices is Winamp.

Last edited:

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Not sure what happened, but try doing a registry clean after uninstalling and then reinstall it.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I'd backup your iTunes library (that's always a good idea anyway) by burning or copying all your music files elsewhere, and then try reinstalling iTunes. Hopefully it can rebuild your library files if they were corrupted and maintain all your playlists. Worst case scenario you lose your playlists but at least you have all your music files.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd backup your iTunes library (that's always a good idea anyway) by burning or copying all your music files elsewhere, and then try reinstalling iTunes. Hopefully it can rebuild your library files if they were corrupted and maintain all your playlists. Worst case scenario you lose your playlists but at least you have all your music files.
Doesn't iTunes have the ability to export playlist files?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Also to OP, remember to BACK UP YOUR LIBRARY DATA FILE! This will be in your iTunes music folder and be called <your name> Library or something to that effect. The safest way to do it is to just back up the whole My Music folder or wherever your music is and include any non-music files which are there.

I can't check for you as I'm on my Macbook rather than my Windows machine, and my Windows machine from work doesn't have iTunes on it!

Try looking here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1751

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
looks like data execution prevention, happened to me once for another program DEP is all I remember

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)