• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

My Major Work (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
So special it deserves a thread of it's own heheheheheeee

Well, I've posted my major work up on my website. You can access it directly via this address:

http://ashlee.8k.com/shadowsfalling/

Nothing fancy, just my major work. Couldn't be stuffed to make it pretty. If you want prettiness go to http://ashlee.8k.com click Ex 2 Major Work and that way you will have the colorful frames around it which make it seem prettier.

I'd love to get feedback, I actually created a guestbook on there for feedback specifically about my major work, but if you guys have feedback you could post it here :)

I dunno, I'm happy that I have done it however I would have liked to have written more and to have polished it more....... I'm such a perfectionist I would probably never get it to a stage where I would be totally happy with it anyway, no matter how much time I had!!!

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
i visited! but i havent read it properly, hence the lack of commenting

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
just a comment

putting your work on the web, aren't you afraid that you will expose your identities to the markers?

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Hmmm hadn't thought of that..... but do you think it would be such a big deal.... like it's really unlikely any of them would read it..... do you think???? Advice???

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
Hmmm hadn't thought of that..... but do you think it would be such a big deal.... like it's really unlikely any of them would read it..... do you think???? Advice???
you can't rule out the possibilities although it might be 1 in a billion. oh well, does it matter? you've got great work anyway :)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
The only reason I put my name all over it was to try and stop people from stealing bits with the imposing copyright signs and all!!!!

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
The only reason I put my name all over it was to try and stop people from stealing bits with the imposing copyright signs and all!!!!
oh, another bad thing about publishing your work online is that, as you have said, people might take it. even though you have a copyright sign :(

did you list it on the search engine?? if not, I don't see a huge problem

malayz_angel

Well I havent read all the poems, just skimmed thru a few. But so far, I like 'Rain Dance' and 'Juliet.' I'll try to read the rest later on. Nice work, Ash!

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by malayz_angel
Well I havent read all the poems, just skimmed thru a few. But so far, I like 'Rain Dance' and 'Juliet.' I'll try to read the rest later on. Nice work, Ash!
Oh, I like Juliet too. I like how Ash applies a metaphoric classical theme to contemporary social issues

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Originally posted by sugaryblue
Oh, I like Juliet too. I like how Ash applies a metaphoric classical theme to contemporary social issues
Why didn't I use that in my reflection statement!!!

Thanks for your praise guys, my teacher actually thought Juliet was the weakest poem in the collection..... hahaha showed him, it seems to have audience appeal!!! Muhahaha!

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Why didn't I use that in my reflection statement!!!

Thanks for your praise guys, my teacher actually thought Juliet was the weakest poem in the collection..... hahaha showed him, it seems to have audience appeal!!! Muhahaha!
really? maybe it's different target audience.

Jinglebell

HSC
i loved your poetry (signed your guestbook and everything:))...and i also just need to say how cute your little mousey is, makes me wanna go do ballet until i remember that ballet invariably leads to exertion and stiffness, and an hour a week is quite enough:p

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Yes well no ballet after lots of ballet for a considerable time has led me to ankle and back problems :( so no ballet is just as bad!!!!!!

lemonade

Coffs Harbour, but will soon be in Brisbane
love ya poetry ash!

the only reason i havent put my major work on the net yet is cause im worried about some one stealing it (although i dont know why they'd do that... lol..)

i dont think it would matter about putting your name on the web with the mw. what are the chances of the markers finding it? anyway, they only said not to put your name on the stuff you give them didnt it? didnt say anything about web publishing..

ur so talented ash - you can dance AND write poetry!! im so jealous!! (but in a good way)

rhinoivory

I read the first poem, and I got the impression that the rythm that it made emulated drumbeats. I like the way that it pounds the images, revealing the "savage" element of the dance. I like it!

I'll give the rest a read soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)