• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

my manager keeps messing with me, what to do? (1 Viewer)

PulpusFiction

HSC
hi there

whenever i go on sick leave at work, my manager ALWAYS fucks with me

last year when i took 2 days sick leave (out of the whole year), he decided to not pay me for it, so i had to walk around and go higher up the ladder to get my pay which was fucken annoying and it took a week.

now this year, i took leave again and he calls in and says i don't have to come in the 3rd day which is my overtime, and i won't get paid for the sick days i took off.

he is being an asshole, i was genuinely sick, i usually only take 2/3 days a year (so its not like i take sicky every week or something). he has no right to do this.

anyway, im tired of fucking with this guy and i want to take my complaint to head office, i probably won't be able to speak to them face to face because i won't know who to speak to, so im gonna send a letter of demand.

anyways, can someone give me advice on this? should i contact a lawyer or somehting? i awnt to make this as cost effective as possible though, cheers.

hannahxxx

HSC
ism said:
get in touch with your union

Definitely. I had to ring up about how much notice I needed to give for quitting a while back and the union didn't even care if I was a member. They gave me really detailed advice regardless. Doing it over the phone is really quick and cost-effective.

Managers know that younger employees don't wan't to kick up a fuss/get everyone's attention. That's how they get away with these kinds of things. I'd worry more about your own rights than what other ppl will say (as you're probably already doing).

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
PulpusFiction said:
hi there

whenever i go on sick leave at work, my manager ALWAYS fucks with me

last year when i took 2 days sick leave (out of the whole year), he decided to not pay me for it, so i had to walk around and go higher up the ladder to get my pay which was fucken annoying and it took a week.

now this year, i took leave again and he calls in and says i don't have to come in the 3rd day which is my overtime, and i won't get paid for the sick days i took off.

he is being an asshole, i was genuinely sick, i usually only take 2/3 days a year (so its not like i take sicky every week or something). he has no right to do this.

anyway, im tired of fucking with this guy and i want to take my complaint to head office, i probably won't be able to speak to them face to face because i won't know who to speak to, so im gonna send a letter of demand.

anyways, can someone give me advice on this? should i contact a lawyer or somehting? i awnt to make this as cost effective as possible though, cheers.
Why would you bother getting a lawyer for 2-3 days pay :S Have a read of your contract and see what it says also.

G

Gavvvvvin

You just go in every day and do a really half-assed job.

MichaelJackson2

Moonwalker
HSC
Mike Ockisard said:
i wouldnt hire a lawyer though, plenty of free legal aid places around, just google it
you do realise that there is a 'law' forum. go there, post ur question, perhaps with a snippet of ur contract, wait 24hrs and you'll have a pageful of sound legal advice. of course rely on it at ur own risk but keep in mind that it's probably just a simple contract law problem that we've all done to death in our tutorials.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)