my photographs for BOW - what do you think? (1 Viewer)

jellybean007

HSC
N/A
Thank you everyone who replied for your comments - they were really helpful. Thanks for being so honest too :D

Last edited:

Porcia

HSC
awesome!!!!!!!!!!! especially the bottom ones
the bottom ones have a superb use of contrast and hue. the model seems to be perfect for the photo as well.

intrik8

Rickman's Cod Piece
HSC
vinvi said:
awesome!!!!!!!!!!! especially the bottom ones
the bottom ones have a superb use of contrast and hue. the model seems to be perfect for the photo as well.
I have do disagree with Vinvi, sorry. Although the two last ones have a very appealing use of contrast with the white and the sepia tone, I find that the two first ones are much more appealing... Why? The pictures taken is photographically appealing because of your use of rules of three. I like esp. the one on the RHS. The models pose and her positioning on the shot allows much of the green grass to create a very nice contrast with the complexion of the model's skin as well as the beautiful dress you designed. The green highlights the white of the model's dress which is very suggestive in terms of her purity and innocence. So really it depends on what sort of concept you have behind the series of images.
On the other hand, the sepia toned images, doesn't do the model, dress and the surrounding environment justice because you have limited the colours to be sepia toned and white (Although, I still quite like them). The sepia tone, of course creates an aged look on the photograph.
Although your sepia toned images are successful in creating an aged look, by looking at the models facial expression and body language, I find that the coloured images, does the model, the dress, and the surroundings, a lot of justice.

Hopefully, my opinion helped out with refining your concept and idea...
Goodluck.

drink bottle

intrik8 said:
I have do disagree with Vinvi, sorry. Although the two last ones have a very appealing use of contrast with the white and the sepia tone, I find that the two first ones are much more appealing... Why? The pictures taken is photographically appealing because of your use of rules of three. I like esp. the one on the RHS. The models pose and her positioning on the shot allows much of the green grass to create a very nice contrast with the complexion of the model's skin as well as the beautiful dress you designed. The green highlights the white of the model's dress which is very suggestive in terms of her purity and innocence. So really it depends on what sort of concept you have behind the series of images.
On the other hand, the sepia toned images, doesn't do the model, dress and the surrounding environment justice because you have limited the colours to be sepia toned and white (Although, I still quite like them). The sepia tone, of course creates an aged look on the photograph.
Although your sepia toned images are successful in creating an aged look, by looking at the models facial expression and body language, I find that the coloured images, does the model, the dress, and the surroundings, a lot of justice.

Hopefully, my opinion helped out with refining your concept and idea...
Goodluck.
hey i think they're quite good but ill have to agree with intrik8 im doing photography too and yeh shes right sorry ! but good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)