My Pip Got Rejected (1 Viewer)

Jeza

HSC
I did three Major works an I have managed to get them all complete or ready for the due date. At the end of the day you can't change what your teacher did but you could have avoided it by doing your PIP earlier. I would feel sympathy for you, but you self righteousness about your assessment mark is kinda fukd. Oh well your one person less I have to compete with now. LOL!!!

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Last minute jobs can produce remarkable results: each to their own. I know some very 'distinguishable' students at selective schools who 'commit' such a 'heinous act'.

I think some of the BOSers here may have shown bias towards favouring the teacher because of the simple fact that they view the actions as 'stupid'.

It's worth every effort to try and sort it out with your subject co-ordinator, studies co-ordinator, curriculum coordorniator and then principal (in that order) and if to no avail try contacting the Board of Studies.

Was it that, depsite your PIP being rejected, you were still able to hand it into the teacher? Pending further investigation or something? I hope so, because if you have a case, then it won't look so good that you have to hand it in again after it's been in your possesion for such a lengthy time. Then it would look suspicious.

nitro.vo

HSC
Re: My Pip Got Rejcted

Your teacher hates you.

Poor kient.

A girl didnt hand hers in becuase she hadnt printed it. at 9:30 (we ahd sac first period) the teacehr asked where it was. So she went and printed it.

=\

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC

Well, I find when the OP finished her PIP inconsequential - it was two minutes late, and who's to even say the class clock is right? That's the principle of the matter. The same thing could have happened to someone who finished their PIP weeks in advance, but whose train was not on time.

ashimation

HSC

Jachie said:
Well, I find when the OP finished her PIP inconsequential - it was two minutes late, and who's to even say the class clock is right? That's the principle of the matter. The same thing could have happened to someone who finished their PIP weeks in advance, but whose train was not on time.
iawtc!!

beckywecky

HSC
My train was horribly late, I had to basically run to school (it takes 30 minutes to walk at a slow pace) and I got there 3 minutes late.

The teacher made a smart arse comment about it, but she accepted it anyway.

I'm so lucky they actually submitted it into the Board of Studies, considering the Central Material was only '873' words.

You're a fuckwit if you leave the HSC's biggest assessment to the weekend/night before. Whoopsies.

Intelligence

HSC
damn thats slack but just because its slack doesnt make it UNFAIR.
In fact i think its fair. Okay fuck yeah two minutes is abit suss and if it was me id introduce my fist to the teachers face but anyways in your case we dont exactly know how late it is. It could be a bit later to which i'd have to agree with the teacher. Besides be happy you can do the exam because a no pip is an non attempt causing them to cancel your exam and you wouldnt be able to sit through it.

I do feel sorry for you but look it at from my view and every other sociology student's.

You claim you kicked ass in everything, and your disappointment at a band 4 says u could do better .... which generally makes you a strategic threat to me so... yeah i guess i see why ppl say Bad luck

jessdoit

HSC
That really sucks... but at the same time you had the responsibility to make sure it was on time and I'm not even going to ask why you left your PIP till the weekend before it was due. Seriously doesn't take someone with half-a-brain to realise how stupid that was. Sure it was unfair but it was your own fault. You were given the whole year to do it...
Well hopefully you do well in your other subjects.
Personally if I were in your shoes I think I'd deserve it and nobody should be given the leniency of handing in a major work late. Even if it is by 2 minutes. Sorry for seeming so insensitive but this is just how the concept of fairness works.

Last edited:

xxlambchopxx

HSC

even if it is late, there are procedures that take place so that it is still handed in. you have to fill in heaps of forms though

lucyc

HSC
I think that it is important to point out that if he had completed it a month in advance, and then handed it in 2 minutes late, would you still say he was stupid.

It doesn't matter if he did it the weekend before, anyone could have handed it two minutes late, it doesn't matter when they completed it.

brookelyn-j

HSC
both sides make valid points here... and i agree with both in some ways....

firstly, leaving your pip to the weekend before it was due was kinda silly... and i stand by that... you also should have attempted to get to school hald an hour earlier than you needed to be or something...and the teacher was just following procedure...however harsh that may be

however, two minutes is bullshit! that was harsh, but im sure if you filled out a misadventure form, you could get some kind of consideration...

L

littlewing69

f3nr15 said:
Not all teachers do, teachers smoke near or inside school premises, teachers involved in sexual activities ...

Should all teachers follow every word and line from BOS requirements ?
I do not see 100% of all teachers abiding by that, shame it is not ...

Why should he be penalised for handing in an assignment 2 minutes late ?
It's not like there is a DET representative standing near him enforcing the rules to the extreme.

If a student next to you swears quietly, do you dob him/her in for that minor incident ?
Ummm....what? I was just answering someone who advised OP to take this matter up with the BOS, by pointing out that the teacher was working within BOS rules. I didn't say it was right, it's just the way it is.

Smoking, sex, swearing, dobbing...WTF?

Do teachers really have to be politically correct ?
Look up 'politically correct'.

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
I think regardless of whether they're following guidelines or whatever, all teachers have a level of discretion which they're able to control.
If you were an arsehole to this teacher all year, then I wouldn't blame him/her, but still. I'm sure that your teacher had a bit before they had to send them off or whatever. Some teachers are buttheads, but others are okay with stuff like this.
Tough luck, I suppose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)