My Place (1 Viewer)

manly girl

Does anyone have decent stuff other than quotes on this novel?
It would have to be the most boring book I have ever read, trust our school to pick it.

boycalledfox

i was annoyed that our school chose such a boring text, but it was necessary in order to select the other texts, which are actually enjoyable. i don't really have comprehensive notes, but considering you need to use atleast 2 other related texts, you can probably get away without studying it too much.

esther

HSC
i guess ur doing changing self??

um.... just basically know the changes that occur to sally, like her asking questions about her background, her courage etc...
her 3 generations, daisy, gladys, and sally and how they grew up and the change that has occured thru the yrs....
im still in the process of typing up my notes so when i finish......

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
My Gord, what a boring text this is.

I'm afraid I cant help, only complain.

Do we know of any good aditional material?

My teacher says that "The door" and "sky high" are the best "Changing" texts. Any opinion on that?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
well, they are the most common ones to do I guess, they are easy to talk about, unlike material such as fractals....
Incidently, I'm using the door

manly girl

Yeah, I use the door and sky high. I also used a sentence on "Cats in the Cradle" for my trial :)

manly girl

oh and Away. How could I forget that. "I am dying - please let me experience sex".

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by manly girl
oh and Away. How could I forget that. "I am dying - please let me experience sex".
Please explain!

(Yes, "cats in the cradle" is a good text, but our teacher gave it to us so I was wary of using it in the trial ...)

miller

Originally posted by manly girl
Does anyone have decent stuff other than quotes on this novel?
It would have to be the most boring book I have ever read, trust our school to pick it.

has anyone got some good quotes on My Place by sally morgan???please i need them quick!!:(

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Sally: "How deprived would we have been, if we had been willing to let things remain the same"

Nan: "We were treated....real rotten"

they are from memory
ill dig up some more

user

Old enough to know better
HSC
is this my place related to the my place picture book that we all read in primary school? the one with all the pretty pictures and how it goes back in time and stuff? I liked it.

D

d00d

i've got pages of notes....

"Boongs! We're Boongs!" is a good one.

the stuff to do with winnie the poo is ok too.

Pretz

I liked it.
You won't like it after you've read this version. In fact you'll want to go back in time and give Sally Morgan a brain hemhorrage before she wrote that piece of junk.

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
ohhhhhh i dunnp....
it wasnt THAT bad, was it?
i mean, it wasnt THAT long was it?
it wasnt THAT boring?
it didnt lack THAT much plot did it?
its characterisation wasnt THAT uninspiring was it?
it was TOO self indulgent?

Vampire Maharet

Originally posted by esther
i guess ur doing changing self??

um.... just basically know the changes that occur to sally, like her asking questions about her background, her courage etc...
her 3 generations, daisy, gladys, and sally and how they grew up and the change that has occured thru the yrs....
im still in the process of typing up my notes so when i finish......
AHHHH please dont mention those two poems!! lol

sorry,just that last term our teacher was referring my palce to them so many times a lesson it just wasn't funny

but besides that,yeah its probably good to relate my place to that
just make a whole load of crap up about how sally had "her door in front of her and she chose to open it"

I'm glad to find more people who like me are doing changing self for year 12 this year/last term or whatever.my class is the only one out of like 5 advanced classes in our school doing self rather then perspective

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)