My Problem (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
if clicking on the link from your UAC offers directed you to enrollment, then enrolling is how you accept the offer.

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
I missed mine by 0.35 pts. lol

I am planning to do an easier but related course at the same uni then transfer. Although the course's cut-off is about 10pts below mine, i feel it's the best option.

=@ Then again, if i fail to transfer, i am f_ed.

SweetSeasons

HSC
gelo said:
Ok. Here's the deal.
I got a UAI of 93.65
My first (dream) preference was UTS Media Arts and Production, which last year had a cutoff of 92.5
So, getting 93.65 i was pretty damn happy cos I thought I'd get into it!

However, nay.
The cutoff rose this year to 94.05, meaning i missed out on my perfect course by .4
.. Which really sucks.

Cos now I must settle with my second preference, Maquarie B Media, whose cutoff this year was 82.45, meaning my 93.65 mark is kinda pointless....

I'm really kinda annoyed, because i wanna do this UTS course more than anything.

I thought there'd be no harm in asking if anyone on here knew of any way I could somehow still do this course at UTS?
Transfer? Or whatever!
Is it possible?

THANKS FOR ANY HELP!
I'M DESPERATE TO DO THIS COURSE....
:(
Go to the uni, see the dean/course co-ordinator, bring a portfolio of all your work, beg for a place, tell them why you deserve a place.. ect you only missed out by point 4, if u show this initiative you may get a 2nd round offer..

gelo

HSC
But then doesn't enrolling mean that I'm STUCK with doing that course?..
.. Because I'm not sure yet if I'll take the Maq course, or just do another Comm course @ UTS then transfer.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
no. you can still accept your later round preferences and cancel your first.

gelo

HSC
Ok.
So I shall enroll, but if I successfully get an offer to another Comm course, I can cancel my Maq one, right?
I was just confused over the difference between accepting and enrolling.

gelo

HSC
Also, if I had the choice between accepting my Maq course, or doing INSEARCH (and hopefully passing, so I can transfer over to UTS), which would be the best option?

gelo

HSC
Well, I have just enrolled in my Maq course up to the point where I have to choose my units and make a timetable, and then attend the enrolment preparation session on Tuesday.

So that option is there for me.

But I'm still looking (more hopefully) at doing another Comm course at UTS then transferring as recommended above, or doing Insearch.

I'm gonna put a Comm course on top of my preferences by midnight tonight, as it's the deadline for applications, but I don't know which Comm course to put there. Does it matter (as all first years are similar)?
Or could someone recommend one for me to put up there (remember I have a UAI of 93.65, so nothing over, obviously)?

On Monday I am also gonna put in an application for Insearch, so that option will be open for me also.

gelo

HSC
But I doubt I will get a late round offer to MAP at UTS, & so that is why I am searching my avenues to still get into this course!

SweetSeasons

HSC
if you were serious about getting into this course you would have been on the phone to the dean of the department already..

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
gelo said:
Well, I have just enrolled in my Maq course up to the point where I have to choose my units and make a timetable, and then attend the enrolment preparation session on Tuesday.

So that option is there for me.

But I'm still looking (more hopefully) at doing another Comm course at UTS then transferring as recommended above, or doing Insearch.

I'm gonna put a Comm course on top of my preferences by midnight tonight, as it's the deadline for applications, but I don't know which Comm course to put there. Does it matter (as all first years are similar)?
Or could someone recommend one for me to put up there (remember I have a UAI of 93.65, so nothing over, obviously)?

On Monday I am also gonna put in an application for Insearch, so that option will be open for me also.
There really isn't a point in doing INSEARCH if you've already gotten into MQ. As for the BA Comm courses, all the first years are similar and grant 100% credit with the strand with the lowest cut-off being Social Inquiry and the next lowest being Writing & Cultural Studies.

gelo

HSC
Why isn't there a point?
The thing is, I really like the UTS course!

HSC
gelo said:
But I doubt I will get a late round offer to MAP at UTS, & so that is why I am searching my avenues to still get into this course!
You never know, you might be lucky (especially because it was your first preference right? + you were so close to the cutoff UAI)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
gelo said:
Why isn't there a point?
The thing is, I really like the UTS course!
I say there is little point in attempting INSEARCH as it is a college for those unable to get into university, and you already have managed to get into university. The prices of one year's study at INSEARCH are also more expensive than an entire three year CSP Bachelor in the same area. Also, the subjects in the INSEARCH Communications Diploma are not the ones from the UTS BA Comm course. In the end though, it is up to you what you want to do and what you value more.

gelo

HSC
Well, progress check.

I've half enrolled into the Maq course (I need to attend the on-campus session), I have put Writing and Cultural Studies on top of my preferences (so hopefully I get an offer in the remaining rounds so I can easily transfer in 2nd year), and tomorrow I am handing in my INSEARCH application.

Now it's just a matter of seeing what happens and making a decision about which way I wanna go about this.
The one thing for me is that I really Really REALLLY want to go to UTS, and even better, do MAP.

gelo

HSC
Wait, was that the right thing to do?
I put Writing & Cultural at the top, meaning, on top of Media Arts also.
Should I have put kept Writing & Cultural as 2nd preference then?

I don't wanna change it again though :(
It's a $117 fee for the late changes..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)