My Restaurant Rules (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I am so pissed off that Perth got through to the final two and Adelaide got kicked off... I feel so bad for Emily and Nick... Em was so upset.

Why do the Australian public reward mediocrity (e.g. Shannon Noll) in reality TV shows???

Grrr. Perth sucks.

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
perth make out to be the "under dog"..and people like to vote for the "under dog" sometimes...no matter how crap they really are

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I know.... but the whole notion of the underdog is so ingrained in Australian culture, it's seriously quite annoying. Tall poppy syndrome once again perhaps?

Perth is far from the underdog.... they have turned over half a million in two months. People can be so stupid. I think it was Simon who said that Ash was actually smart and was playing the underdog in order to win.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i dunno about the underdog, but i know i am a sucker for it (although im not voting, so it doesnt really matter)

babygoose!

>>rraahhh<<
HSC
well i like the perth guys cos they seem to be true aussies...working hard for their money..i really think its their personalities and especially ash's true aussie bloke style that is getting them through

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I think the closed restaurants will be difficult to sell unless the new buyers can get the original couples to stay on as managers. All the restaurants were built in old shops that had closed down. Shops close down for a reason... location is usually a big issue. So that could be an issue in selling the restaurants.

Also the personalities are what will continue to draw people to the restaurants after the shows are over, not the actual buildings of the restaurant. Unless they can keep some key members of the business on, such as the original couples, and the chefs, the restaurants will not continue to be highly successful for very long at all....

It will be interesting how much they go for though. Adelaide might go for a good price because it is a very unique concept and it is on Rundle. Melbourne (unless they win!) would go for a good price because it they have already recieved offers, meaning that it must be in a coveted location. (it's in St Kilda isn't it?).

Brisbane looked to be in a location which wasn't really a restaurant type strip so it might not fetch that high a price.... Perth is fugly inside, and also doesn't appear to be in a restaurant strip, but with Perth, who knows....

Has anyone purchased Cucina Vera yet? If it was on Oxford St it would fetch considerably more than being on Crown St..... I wonder how much it would go for? Apparently it is quite small.

Another thing I wonder is how much of the restaurant you would be buying.... it is not uncommon for many things in restaurants to be hired, especially considering the sponsor driven nature of the show and the temporary status of most of the restaurants e.g. when they were setting up they heavily mentioned sponsors for things such as plates, tables/seats, linen....

So it will be interesting.

Last edited:

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
ding dong the boobs are gone :D

Perth are going to win this hands down, its blatantly obvious really.

i really hope theres gonna be a myrestaurant rules 2 maybe ad on another 2 couples to make it an even 7. im sure ch 7 would like that.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I hope they make a second series as well, I really like this show. However I think it would be better if it was more like survivor and was a more internal process rather than a public vote e.g. based more on critics reviews. I find it disturbing that the restaurants (except Adelaide) weren't subject to full reviews by a Health Inspector any time during the two months they were open... maybe the healthies are camera shy? Some of the stuff some of them were doing was dodgy, and some of their storerooms (Perth) weren't up to scratch really.

cyrax83

discrete is killing me :(
HSC
simon and natalie should've won, simons a champion :D doesn't take no shit from no one.

:chainsaw: @ perth. They should've got kicked out. I hate this underdog bullshit they are playing. All perth do is whinge and whinge and bitch and bitch. Geez, they just complain about every little thing and put on this lil aussie battler image, pfft.

If perth wins i will be reallyyy pissed off .. melbourne deserves to win, it looks like they have the best restaurant and those guys actually look like they know what they are doing. Lol @ melbourne dudes gee 'emn up talks every 2 seconds .. "GO MelbournE !!!!!!"

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
i like the restaurant in MELB!! lol
it looks soooo cool and all
oh wells, nick and emily was okay i guess in terms of sales and stuff!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
The Melbourne guy makes me laugh.... he is funny. I hope they beat Perth, I don't want Perth to win.

I really liked Adelaide's concept, and the fact that they were only 21 and 22 years old is pretty cool, considering that they did a very good job.

The Brisbane couple were so funny.... I don't think their restaurant was the best, but they were funny, and I wish they had stayed on for longer.

This is my order of the restaurants, from best to worst according to my opinion.

1. Melbourne (most professional)
2. Adelaide (apparently best food, very original concept)
3. Brisbane (Simon and Nat were funny, but their restaurant was a bit too gaudy for my liking, and I think sometimes their bickering at work was unprofessional but sometimes understandable)
4. Sydney (Nice looking food, nice concept, but it wasn't really anything special or original... sam and catherine were very likable people though)
5. Perth (What can I say? The critics voted them the worst several times. The paint colors and the ceiling look absolutely terrible. )

That's my opinion anyway. But I actually think they all did a really good job though.

MoNNiE

HSC
TT and i was planning to go to the adelaide one... even if it did cost me an arm and a leg~!
grr!!

the guy from melb is a dick.. i hate them...
but perth should of been out ages ago...itz true aus votes for the underdog.. i think it's such bullshit how everone does that though..

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
as long as simon and nat arent winners then im a grinner :)

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
one of my friends thinks the melb girl looks like a man :rolleyes: i don't see it.. i think it must be her nose

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
Perth will win cos the underdog status they are carrying thru the show..............

They've been up for eviction every week...............and they've made it thru everytime...................I know Ash is a dickhead but they'll win...........

clerisy

HSC
Originally posted by MoNNiE
the guy from melb is a dick.. i hate them...
No he is not! I am in love with Pete! How gorgeously grand is he-- a really dapper fellow, don't you think? And his speeches! Did you see his dramatics after Melbourne got through on Sunday?-- Pete for Prime Minister, I say!

I shall vote for him.

On another note, I did not like Adelaide. They were complete pigs. I thought their chef was a bit of a spunk though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)