my scaling status? (1 Viewer)

darshil

Replicant
HSC
Just a few days ago I saw the UAI i need for the course. Its high 80's. I cannot comprehend how i will be better than 85 % of NSW. But thats just my inferiority complex talking.

I talked to my cousin who did the hsc a few years back and did okay, but not so good that she would get 87 UAI. But i noticed she had extention subjects (two of them) and other subjects that I have heard "scale"

these are the subjects I do:
1. Mathematics
2. Adv English
3. Senior Sciene
4. IPT
5. Modern History
6. Economics

How is my scaling going to be? Will i be affected? How much harder will i have to work to get a good UAI than my cousin (not saying she didnt work hard). Thanks for all the help.

K

khorne

. I cannot comprehend how i will be better than 85 % of NSW.

these are the subjects I do:
1. Mathematics
2. Adv English
3. Senior Sciene
4. IPT
5. Modern History
6. Economics
UAI doesn't translate to a percentage. AFAIK, each 0.05 of a UAI mark is attributed to about 45 or so students.

Anyway, the HSC is designed to allow you do work at your level, and do well regardless of your subjects. We had a guy from our school get 100 UAi just by doing humanities.

Really, if you just do well at the subject, and study, you most likely will get the desired UAI.

LordPc

HSC
you should be fine IMO, scaling for senior science is probably the worst scaling subject but rest are ok. if you do well and get in the mid to high band 5 range with all your subjects you should be able to get your high 80's UAI.

and also note to do well in english advanced as that subject is usually what brings most peoples UAI's down a few points.

darshil

Replicant
HSC
Hey thanks for the replies, i will try my best. I was just scared about scaling thats all.

aaron22

HSC
Maths (general)
English (advance)
Business Studies
Music
2 unit Studies of Religion

do you guys think i can get at least 80 if not 75 uai with these subjects?

any help will be much appreciated.

mr.tos

HSC
Maths (general)
English (advance)
Business Studies
Music
2 unit Studies of Religion

do you guys think i can get at least 80 if not 75 uai with these subjects?

any help will be much appreciated.
No, with those subjects no-body in the history of the HSC has ever gotten above 30. You are well and truly gone my friend. :rolleyes:

christoffpow

HSC
these are my subjects. and i know there easy, and i know most of you do physics.. chemistry and extension 3003948348348 maths. I'm here for help not criticism.. yeah

ancient history
biology
general maths
adv english
SOR (1 unit)
Food technology

What mark do i need to get for each of these subjects so i won't be affected by scaling?

thanks for any help. Chris

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)