My school have screwed up my life.... (1 Viewer)

QAFluva

HSC
I would hate to be anyone in a worse position in me.....

last friday i was diagnosed with chicken pox (perfect timing!!).. as soon as I got home I IMMEDIATELY contacted the deputy of my School and told him the scenario and he said that I would be unable to do exams cuz I was contagious... and unable to step into the school due to risk of infecting other kids

yesterday I found out that students with chicken pox can (and will) have arrangements to do all their exams in a suitable way (says so on board of studies), when I contacted the school today they still wouldnt let me in to do my exams... which means this is the 3rd exam i have missed this week due to the schools reluctance to follow something called 'rules'.

when i contacted the board of studies today they said they were unable to say whether an appeal would be successful becuase chicken pox is something that is be catered for when doing HSC exams (they would have even let me do it @ home if i wanted to)... and that I should have contacted the school as soon as possible when I found out when I had chicken pox.. the thing is, I DID... last Friday, this monday and today..

Now I have missed my maths, software design and english extension 1 exams because of cockheads who run the school of mine...

to make it worse.. i have already repeated year 12 once already and anybody can get fucked if they think im gonna do it again... and my assessment marks are pretty bad because of some background issues so I cannot necessarily rely on them to get good marks (i know what they are... none over 65... which is pretty bad considering im a 80-95 kid)

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
Heyy,

You did the right thing and contacted your school etc as soon as you were diagnosed, so its not your fault at all. Its now your school's responsibility to make sure that your misadventure for not sitting your exams is approved because they were the ones who told you not to sit them. They probably knew what they were doing because I doubt youre the first case of chickenpox they've had, so id say its most likely that your appeal will be accepted as long as you provide all the documentation saying you were unfit to sit the exams from your doctor. If the BOS did reject it, you and your school can appeal their decision and your school should back you up since you followed their advice.

There's not really anything you can do about those exams now, but its not your actual assessment mark of 65 that matters, it's your rank in the subject. Were your ranks okay? Depending on what you mean by background issues that effected your marks this year, you might also be eligable to apply for the EAS if you're planning on going to uni, but it would have to be a late application.

I hope you feel better soon :)

Last edited:

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
Dude, that fucking sucks. Like sprinkles said, there's nothing more you can do. But if your misadventure gets rejected your school should back you up - then, you'd be fine.
OR, you could sue the school for not letting you do your exams, that would mean you would have gotten great marks, that would have meant you got into the uni you wanted, that would have meant you could do the course you want, that would have meant you could have gotten the job you want which would have meant you would be a multi-millionaire...you know, something like that...
Well, good luck for whatever you do. Hope you get better soon.

*Lozzie*

HSC
well my bestie also got the chicken pox and she was still able to do the exams if she wanted (she only had 2 to go anyway) she was just put in the libarary and got a misadventure form for that exam and stuff, so your school really is screwed in the head if they told u u couldnt do the exam

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
wow, some schools are retarded. It's not your fault. Your school has to make sure your appeal goes through; you did the right thing and they screwed you over - they're lucky you havent decided to take legal action against them. And if you did I dont think they would really have a leg to stand on.

SomaFairy

HSC
N/A
aww your school sucks, you're probably already feeling miserable from the chicken pox and on top of that you have to deal with this school policy crap. But you know, you still did the right thing by calling them and trying to work this out. It's not your fault that you got the chicken pox and you don't sound like one of those lazy students that are trying to wiggle out of an exam, so I really hope your school supports you with your appeal :)
Good luck, I hope everything works out for you and I hope you get well soon! xoxo

HSC
You're in the right. I can't really see how it's going to back fire. You contacted the school and they told you to do something. What else does the BOS want you to do?

If nothing is done.. Write a letter to the education minister and your local member.

Do you go to a public or private school?

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
Captain� Obvious said:
You're in the right. I can't really see how it's going to back fire. You contacted the school and they told you to do something. What else does the BOS want you to do?

If nothing is done.. Write a letter to the education minister and your local member.
Seconded. You did nothing wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)