My short story idea (1 Viewer)

whitnall8

HSC
Could someone give me some advice on my basic idea, because i think it may be to cliche.

It's about an arab man walking through an airport, and is stopped at every security point, and has his bag searched several times.

It's based on the quote from last year's HSC: "Human beings, like plants, grow in the soil of acceptance, not in the atmosphere of rejection"

a) is this too basic?
b) is it too cliche?

Also i can't think of a good way to end it

Any feedback, ideas or advice would be appreciated

Last edited:

10andeje

HSC
thats ok im glad i could help although i dont think i helped much

whitnall8

HSC
You gave me a good idea for an ending because I was struggling

philphie

Banned
HSC
don't be too concerned with your story being cliche. i've seen way worse stories than this that have gotten 15 out of 15. just make sure you get down the dot points and the quote

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Don't use the quote from this year's HSC. Really. Don't.

10andeje

HSC
Don't use the quote from this year's HSC. Really. Don't.
i assume that they are being asked to base it on this quote and that he has no choice we had to do the same thing but with a full story not a short story

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Yeah for holiday homework they basically told us to complete Paper 1 of the 2009 HSC
Oh. Fair enough. But don't use this piece of creative in like...your Trial or HSC. Because markers will immediately recognise it as a Past HSC question, and it will light up like a Christmas tree. :)

As for cliche-ness - everyone's story is cliche. Most people's stories are corny-lame. You gotta do, what you gotta do to get the marks. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)