My Subjects..and Hi! (1 Viewer)

Guernica

HSC
13 units for year 12? eeekk... I don't think I could handle that... I dont study..

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
:D ...I don't either... But I've managed to come in the top 5 for everything except english. Seriously though, give it a try before you drop something. Remember that you can drop a subject at any time. You can't pick one up again later if you change your mind!
But again, do you know what you want to do after school? If you do, choose to drop a subject which will have the least input into you study AFTER school

Last edited:

mel4dan

yeah i want to do science after school, therefore i dont want to drop any of my sciences. i really have no idea....

SinFul

HSC
yuP im keeping legal studies..and my sciences since im planning to to science in uni.
i wanna study applied chemistry (honours) majoring in forensics sciences. ^.<

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
HarryKozy said:
There quite similar to me.

I am doing:

3U Maths
2U English Advanced
2U Biology
2U Chemistry
2U Earth and enviro
2U Modern history

I was wondering what you all think i should do next year. I have been advised greatly to do extension history because im going really well at it at the moment, however i want to do a BcS at uni. Therefore i need to keep 3U maths, but if i pick up ext history, i can easily drop a subject. However as i really love all my other subjects except english (which i cant drop), i dont want to drop any. Also, they are all sciences and tie in really well with each other and what i want to do later. But that would mean i would do 14 units in the HSC, even though i only need 10. Also, i want to do ext maths 2, but that makes it 15 units!!!! I really need some help with this decision because i have been told that even a 13unit workload is too much, therefore i have no idea as what to do. I could drop modern history, not do ext history, and then have 11 units. but then i am relying on 1 unit as my safety net. also, i would probably do better in modern history than 3unit maths or even 4unit maths, only because i have been going better in history at the moment, just not enjoying it us much as maths.(work that out). i have also been told that earth and enviro has a negative scaling, so that could be a problem if i do it in the hsc. but i really like earth and my teacher forbids me to drop it. :( Please help!!
I suggest that you pick them all up, if it is suicide like you've been told then you'll find out in due course for yourself how hard it is - who knows you might excel under that workload, but if it is too much for you to handle then you can drop it later...if you don't take the chance with your subjects and decide not to pick it all up then you might end up with a combination you might not have preferred and one that you can't change later. So go for 15! and drop whatever doesn't work *later*

mel4dan

kami said:
I suggest that you pick them all up, if it is suicide like you've been told then you'll find out in due course for yourself how hard it is - who knows you might excel under that workload, but if it is too much for you to handle then you can drop it later...if you don't take the chance with your subjects and decide not to pick it all up then you might end up with a combination you might not have preferred and one that you can't change later. So go for 15! and drop whatever doesn't work *later*
ha ha...i guess i could just do that!!! :rolleyes:

nikkiisoverit

a something member
Far North Coast of NSW....luvly and warm..most of
HSC
SinFul said:
Heya people, as you probably can see from my post count (or the non-existence of it) im a new user to these boards..So i would just like to say Hi!..
i was wondering what you people think about the subjects that im doing which are:

3U Maths
3U English -English Advanced
2U Biology
2U Chemistry
2U Legal Studies.

EDIT:mm..btw i go to Fairfield High..
hey im new too joined at the end of last month.... i do everything like you except that instead of bio i do physics....
they all seem to join in together really well except that my legal teacher complains that my essays are crap compared to the history students in legal. "people who do sciences usually have a better advantage on essay writing" iv proven him wrong of course.j/ks

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
nikkiisoverit said:
"people who do sciences usually have a better advantage on essay writing"
Hey how does that work?!
People who do english ext's and HSIE subjects get that! Science people, generally, are maths people!! We SUCK at essay writing!! Well, some of us do anyway...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)