My teacher marked my maths exam wrong because she thinks my 'pi' looks like a 2 (1 Viewer)

hayhay2012

HSC
It doesn't even look like a 2, and the question was about trigonometric functions, with a picture of a sine curve asking for the period, amplitude and a possible equation.
I said period= 2pi/b, then on the side i wrote that b=2 and therefore period= pi
she wrote a big cross next to it so i went to see her
and she said no look you wrote 2 near it, im like duh thats for b!!!
teachers are so dumb these days
anyway i tried to tell her i wrote pi, but she refused to change it, i eventually burst into tears since ive lost my top ranking and gone down to 5th or 6th as a result of this...
ive already taken the paper home now so theres nothing i can do right?
any course of action i can take?
thanks in advance

nahi11

HSC
Not much, perhaps you can go to the head teacher for Math other than thatmI think your'e out of options.

Fus Ro Dah

HSC
Talk to Head Teacher and then Deputy if you can. If you have already demonstrated ability, then it is evident that you are not trying to 'scab marks'.

BL3H

HSC
Even if you take the paper home they could still change it.

I used to take me papers home and ask the Internet about things I wasn't sure we're marked right and also for Chem I asked my tutor (and got like 5 extra marks on every test because my teach was like "you need an evaluation statement" but lo and behold it was there all along, right above where he had written that I needed it.)

But yeah, still try. (unless you're lying and it's actually a 2 (but still, if you wrote your thought process you should get the mark anyway, even though it was a transcript error)).

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
anyway i tried to tell her i wrote pi, but she refused to change it, i eventually burst into tears since ive lost my top ranking and gone down to 5th or 6th as a result of this..
Don't be like that guy at Baulkham Hills two years ago who kicked a chair and punched the wall because he only got 119/120 in his 4u trial, or whatever it was.

But seriously, if you drop from 1st to 5th or 6th because of one or two marks in an exam...

Last edited:

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
Don't be like that guy at Baulkham Hills two years ago who kicked a chair and punched the wall because he only got 119/120 in his 4u trial, or whatever it was.

But seriously, if you drop from 1st to 5th or 6th because of one or two marks in an exam...
hello shadowdude :)

could you please make your point a little more obvious? :)
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

there, that's a lot nicer. happy mods?
so fuck you and don't edit my posts

#modsr:dog::dog:

Last edited:

russ3l

HSC
It doesn't even look like a 2, and the question was about trigonometric functions, with a picture of a sine curve asking for the period, amplitude and a possible equation.
I said period= 2pi/b, then on the side i wrote that b=2 and therefore period= pi
she wrote a big cross next to it so i went to see her
and she said no look you wrote 2 near it, im like duh thats for b!!!
teachers are so dumb these days
anyway i tried to tell her i wrote pi, but she refused to change it, i eventually burst into tears since ive lost my top ranking and gone down to 5th or 6th as a result of this...
ive already taken the paper home now so theres nothing i can do right?
any course of action i can take?
thanks in advance
If the teacher cant even reason with you then he/she is shit and you should definately take it to the deputy to make the teacher think twice on his/her professionalism. This is your hsc ffs.
Good luck :)

D94

HSC
N/A
Realistically, if you're 1-2 marks away from first, by HSC time, that discrepancy is very minute, and you'll probably get the same mark as first place. But sure, try and ask the next level in the chain.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad

Haha, I was there - everyone was shell-shocked LOL. Awesome dude, though.

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
Baulkham Hills two years ago who kicked a chair and punched the wall because he only got 119/120 in his 4u trial
That guy must have been awesome, WHAT 119/120 ! ! ! "that's impossible, how did I lose 1 mark?"

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
If the teacher think its looks like a two and has marked you down accordingly - and you win your fight over this - can I give you a piece of advice as an HSC marker - take more care with your writing to make sure that an HSC marker doesn't make the same mistake. Be very clear in forming your numbers etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)