My timetable (1 Viewer)

Datto120

HSC
I have tried to squish my timetable in so i am only at uni 2 days.
Could someone please give me advise on whether or not this is wise.

Tuesday

10:30 - 12:30 Psychology human behaviour lecture
2:00 - 3:30 Foundations of modern Australia lecture
3:30 - 5:00 Australia and the world tutorial

Wednesday

8:30 - 9:30 Media and visual cultures lecture
10:00 - 11:30 Psychology human behaviour tutorial
1:00 - 2:30 Foundations of Australia tutorial
4:00 - 5:00 Australia and the world lecture
5:00 - 6:30 Media and visual cultures tutorial

I am just wodnerign if it would be better for me to spead it over 3 days so that my tutes can be after my lectures and i have less in a day??

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
It doesn't matter that you have tutes after your lectures. You wont have tutes in week one, so when you do have them in week 2, you will be discussing what you learnt in week one's lecture.

As for squishing it all in on 2 days, i guess it all comes down to personal preference. Do you have to travel far to uni? If you do, then if i was you, i would prefer to just go to uni on two days.

it also allows room for a job, if you have one.

But there are some people who would rather not be at uni from 8:30-6:30. that is a VERY long, tiring day.

Datto120

HSC
I have to travel from camden to bankstown campus. But my nan lives like 5 min walk from the uni this is where i will be leaving my car coz his too precious to be in a uni car park lol. So on the 8:30 to 6:30 day between 12.30 and 4 ill go there.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Datto120 said:
I have to travel from camden to bankstown campus. But my nan lives like 5 min walk from the uni this is where i will be leaving my car coz his too precious to be in a uni car park lol. So on the 8:30 to 6:30 day between 12.30 and 4 ill go there.
lol...i like being off topic...how precious is this car?

purplemonkey

HSC
That timetable is fine dude...you're doing the exact same thing as I did in first year (except I did Everyday Life insted of Psych)...you've got little breaks between some classes which is good. Btw - if you get my tutor (Adrian) for Media, you'll be doing bugger all in tutes anyway...it was not uncommon for us to get let out 20-30 minutes early on that one :D

hYperTrOphY

HSC
In my first semester I had one day where I was at uni from 9am 'til 7pm - I wouldn't recommend it. By my last tute I was so exhausted I wasn't paying any attention.

However, the fact I had to travel between campuses via public transport probably contributed to my tiredness.

Someone I spoke to when I first started advised that you should always go at least 3 days per week.

j_davo24

HSC
Really depends on how demanding the classes are. If they are just sit there and 'listen' type classes then it shouldn't be an issue. If they require you to do alot of work and thinking you might find a day that long to be tiring.

As was mentioned before it all comes down to personal preference.

Gerr

HSC
can someone help me. . i don t get how to make or check my timetable. .

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Gerr said:
Don't worry about it yet. You can make a preliminary timetable however nothings confirmed, and it won't be until you register for your tutorials in like the 14th of Feb.

fai69

HSC
Gerr said:
You have to log onto platform web and go to tutorial registration to see the times of your lectures and the possible tutorial times you can pick.From that you can start to make your own timetable.I should remind you that the time you want may not be available as people also want the same times.Each school has their own opening dates for registration so just click on the school name when you are at the tutorial registration page.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
fai69 said:
You have to log onto platform web and go to tutorial registration to see the times of your lectures and the possible tutorial times you can pick.From that you can start to make your own timetable.I should remind you that the time you want may not be available as people also want the same times.Each school has their own opening dates for registration so just click on the school name when you are at the tutorial registration page.
I went to log into my platform web from my own myuws page and it went to my brothers gfs account lol...someones been using my computer without asking:burn:

tubtub

HSC
Datto120 said:
I have tried to squish my timetable in so i am only at uni 2 days.
Could someone please give me advise on whether or not this is wise.

Tuesday

10:30 - 12:30 Psychology human behaviour lecture
2:00 - 3:30 Foundations of modern Australia lecture
3:30 - 5:00 Australia and the world tutorial

Wednesday

8:30 - 9:30 Media and visual cultures lecture
10:00 - 11:30 Psychology human behaviour tutorial
1:00 - 2:30 Foundations of Australia tutorial
4:00 - 5:00 Australia and the world lecture
5:00 - 6:30 Media and visual cultures tutorial

I am just wodnerign if it would be better for me to spead it over 3 days so that my tutes can be after my lectures and i have less in a day??
nah, best to squish in if you dont want to be at uni any longer than u have too. but then again, u may not get the times u want at tutorial rego becuase everyone logs in and scabs the best ones.......always happens with me and end up having to chase unit coords for changes etc etc etc.

Last edited:

Datto120

HSC
ari89 said:
lol...i like being off topic...how precious is this car?
Haha to most people he wont be precious at all. But to me his the most important thing in the world haha. Ill put a pic up as my avatar. Its a 1971 Datsun 1200 sedan with all the extras like system and interior n junk :) But i am only driving it till easter then i am taking it off the road for a new engine and paint job (thats if i can afford to being at uni now!!!)

grue

HSC
My course timetable sucks ... the only way to squeeze two days is if I'm willing to stay from 9am 'til after 6 or something. My commute is over an hour. :mad1:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)