My uai - Gimme the bad news (1 Viewer)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Now i put these marks into the juai estimator.. and it just seemed too low, but maybe im just destined for failure

86% in business studies, 4th in my year
84% for art, second in my year
77% for ipt, 3rd in my year
74% for software, 3rd in my year
71% for english adv, prolly around 10th in my year

It's saying my uai will be around 66 :( that's pretty annoying.

Last edited:

suz

HSC
I would be more inclined to say that with your ranks you should get higher, I would say mid to late 70's but don't quote me someone with more experience will reply
Good luck

santaslayer

HSC
ur not suppose to put those marks .....those are internal, probably should be higher in accordance with ur rank.....

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
hmm..... well..... it depends on what school you go to...

Those ranks do seem high compared to those marks, then again i don't know how many people in your year.

I would say your looking at 70ish.

are those prelim marks? I mean, you still have a whole year to improve. :)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Those are my half yearlies, they're pretty much the same as our trials we were told, worth less.

But yea i think i definately need to improve,
I go to a private catholic school, nothing special. Most people that do heaps good at my school do a thing called the IB, international bachloreate, it's not scaled and heaps of em get 98's and shit.

The hsc part of my year is probably around 80-100 people
My IPT class however is only 8 people.

Im pretty disappointed with my marks, really worries me tho cuz like i beat a damn lot of other people in my subjects, wat sorta marks are they gunna get?
Maybe my school just set really hard half yearlies?

Affinity

HSC
ask your careers adviser, he/she should know what final HSC mark each internal mark would most likely lead to

acidicFury

no, raw marks are no indication of the HSC marks you will receive. All the raw marks are aligned according to the board's standards... for a certain suject, 70 may align to 80, *shrugs*. No one knows the correlation between raw marks and aligned marks, as they vary from year to year too much for us to work out any correlation.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
no i kno that ALL my subjects scale and align pretty terrible. What i mean is, are half yearly marks as accurate as say... my trials? or since they're only really testing 1/2 the course are they less of an indicator?

acidicFury

I'd personally be more inclined to think less of an indicator. You've only had half a year to learn the stuff opposed to a year, but there is more of it. Best way to guage how you're going would be to do a past paper and mark it I guess.

Your marks aren't important here though, your ranking is and they're good. Try to maintain and improve those rankings, the performance in the HSC exam is what will determine your marks (hence, your UAI).

You cannot enter raw marks into a UAI calculator, it will inevitable lead to a much lower UAI than what you would get if you attained those raw marks in a HSC exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)