Myer Christmas Casual (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
Who here got an email regarding interviews?

I got one to Sydney City Myer at Wesley Mission Center.

Anyone got tips on what to wear? And how to succeed in the group interview?

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A
when's your interview? I got it just then too =)

Last edited:

HSC
Uni Grad
Mine is booked from Thursday 4-5:30. fml there are no other days available apart from thursdays

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Holt shit is it 7th of September. At first when I seen 5th or September I thought this thread was from last year.

Good luck. Dress professionally.

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A
yeah I have uni the whole day on thurs lol, pretty gay
I made mine at 9am lol, don't even know if I'll turn up for it

what other christmas casuals did you apply for

HSC
Uni Grad
oh well, there goes my interview. finished it just then. if i make it ill be happy, but I'm not gonna expect an offer (may possibly need a 2nd interview).

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A
yeah the interview was kind of a blur for me, I can't believe that was 1.5 hours. AND THERE WERE SO MANY PEOPLE !

also, I found out that my friend was in your session. you may or may not have met her =D

HSC
Uni Grad
And there we go... just completed my myer store orientation. now to do my training.... (I should have been doing that first though :/)

Zeroes

HSC
What was the group interview like? I've got a retail group interview coming up and I really have no idea what to expect

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A
And there we go... just completed my myer store orientation. now to do my training.... (I should have been doing that first though :/)
you mean the induction session? lol! it said to do that first. tsktsk
what's the orientation like

HSC
Uni Grad
What was the group interview like? I've got a retail group interview coming up and I really have no idea what to expect
Group interview was pretty decent; the people there tried to make it seem relaxing.

As for the group interview itself, you have people on a table, and one person from HR. They watch what you are doing and judge you whether if you should or shouldn't work for myer. They remain quiet.

Okay, some tips for group interviews:

- Don't talk too much, and don't talk too little. So talk whenever you have to.
- When you state your availability, say that you are available every day, it's to see whether if HR should hire you.
- HR gives you scenarios, and you have to find a way to try to solve them. For example, I got an example in which I had to sell smart casual clothes. I knew that the company's objectives were to maximize profit (ofc, every company wants that) so thus I thought that it would be good to say that something is at a cheap price so that the person will accept it. (economic concepts here :p) (that really got the HR person and the other ppl around the table). Might explain this to you if you want me to...
- ^ tl;dr -> just think about creative and practical ways of solving problems. :)
- Practice thinking on the spot about stuff relating to the company, and do your homework on the company (research about it as well) :p

you mean the induction session? lol! it said to do that first. tsktsk
what's the orientation like
yeah, store orientation was pretty bludgey. The manager of our orientation joked around saying that she would put me into either womenswear or logistics, coz I was talking too much. :L

Have you done store orientation yet?

Is it too late to apply now?
Yeah, I guess it is. But keep trying at this point, don't waste time. (Y)

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A
nope, I think I'm just going to worry about all that after finals..and hopefully they add more sessions in by then :(

just try apply anyway. my friend had an interview a few days ago so I guess they're still hiring

HSC
Uni Grad
nope, I think I'm just going to worry about all that after finals..and hopefully they add more sessions in by then :(

just try apply anyway. my friend had an interview a few days ago so I guess they're still hiring
omg apply now, you're not gonna get a position if you don't do your induction and all that. seriously just do it you won't regret it. after all it is just one day off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)